Incorrect WI question

We received a division order (as royalty interest) several months ago, it looked correct and we signed and returned.

Last month we received a Working Interest division order for the exact same property. This was not correct, we are not. We did not sign and I sent emails and called the company, to tell them we are a RI not a WI. As I found out through my calls (and an email string), “Prairie had sent a wrong deck to Sunoco” and supposedly sent us a whopping $10.99 as a working interest, even though we never signed that division order. Sunoco stated, do to “technical issues on their end”, they couldn’t take the payment, it would be better to have us pay back Prairie vs Sunoco!! Ok, I am all for being fair and stuff, but we never signed the incorrect WI, and am concerned about what I should do, and any types of situations like this in the future (for this company/property, or others).
My only reason to emailed the companies to make sure it that our RI is still in effect and that we are not a WI. It is really getting out of hand for this little amount ($10.99 WI - ? our RI), and it seems to me, its their error that caused this. What are the legalities about this? Thanks for any input…

You should forget about it. If it happens again, then contact the operator.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.