Incorrect royalty percentage in allocation wells

Drilling permits show allocation wells plats. I’m unable to find finalized plats at county clerks, if in fact they’re different. What is procedure to address this issue with company if I’m in disagreement? Certified letter? I’m in other allocation wells with no problems. Operator is Aethon in San Augustine County, Texas. I have no problems with Aethon in other wells. Also can I request finalized plats via certified letter? Thanks.

The final as-drilled plats are filed with RRC with the completion report documents. If the completion report has not filed, you can ask the division order analyst to forward it to you. You do need the as-drilled plat to see the first and last take-points and length of productive lateral on your tract.

You can download the plat from TRRC from the drilling permit query . In addition to the plat submitted with the permit application, there may be a final “as drilled “ plat . We have had decimal interest determined several ways; by production sharing agreement; based on perforated lateral length within our tract/ total perf length; and on cross-unit laterals, by our decimal interest in the unit and the percentage perforated lateral within that unit. Sometimes the operator will send that info along with the division order, so you can certainly ask them.

Thanks for the replies. The drilling permit plats are same as completion plats. I will send certified letter to try to get information as to how their royalty percentages were calculated.

The as-drilled plat should be different as it shows the ‘meandering’ wellbore (never a true straight line) and the final take-points. If the completion plat is identical to the drilling permit plat, then you should ask for the as-drilled plat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.