In TX, Own 100 acres of minerals and surface - Can you drill an oil well?

in texas if you own 100 acres surface and minerals 100 % can you use a wildcat driller and drill for oil with out involving the adjacent track lands around you

Sure, as long as your wellbore does not violate spacing regulations. If you are unleased, in all likelihood, it would be on state spacing, 467 feet from lease line.

You need no surface ownership to exploit your minerals.

However, if you have to ask the question, you probably should not do it.

thankyou for ansering i do have onemore question if you stay with in the lease line 467 feet can you drill and use only a small part of your land say 20 acres

mineral owner said:

thankyou for ansering i do have onemore question if you stay with in the lease line 467 feet can you drill and use only a small part of your land say 20 acres

Dear ML,

You may drill as many wells as you wish, if you comply with proration and spacing units. However, you might need an exception to drill to the same formation and keep the state spacing of not closer than 1200' on the same tract or farm.

One item that you may run into is that if the allowable is based on acreage, you may not receive a full allowable, based on proration unit size.

What Buddy said, plus it depends on whether you are drilling a vertical or horizontal, plus the spacing rules vary by field. It is also possible to get variances from spacing requirements.

"However, if you have to ask the question, you probably should not do it."

This is the best advice you can get.

WHAT kind of anser is that you anser as if you were a born a oil lawyer /did you not ask questions in school are were you one of those know it alls / so you are saying is why even ask /

Tom said:

"However, if you have to ask the question, you probably should not do it."

This is the best advice you can get.

That just further proved my point. Good luck with your well.