There are 6 commonly recognized "implied covenenants" in an oil and gas lease. Recognized by States like Texas, Lousiaina, Oklahoma, etx.... Does the State of North Dakota recognize these implied conenenants and have they ever been tested in the North Dakota Judicial System - Particularly the covenenant to "Reasonably develop the leased Premises" ?
Six of the most commonly recognized implied duties are the implied
(1) drill an initial test well;
(2) reasonably develop the leased premises;
(3) conduct further exploration of the leased premises;
(4) protect the leased premises against drainage;
(5) diligently market any oil or gas that is discovered in paying quantities;
(6) reasonably restore the surface of the leased premises after the lease is