Identifying location of wells

I received notices of appraised value on 7 wells that I don’t recognize. Either the appraisal district made a mistake or there are wells that I have never been paid on. Can someone help me identify where they are. I can see them on the RRC public GIS viewer but don’t see a section #. I currently own minerals in Reeves Co. Sec 19 Blk 4, Sec 16 Blk 4

The wells are: All are Callon (Permian/Phantom (Wolfcamp) Griffin-Bush State 1922 ALLO? Bush state Unit 1922 #10H Bush state Unit 1922 #11H Bush state Unit 1922 #12H Bush state Unit 1922 #20H Bush state Unit 1922 #21H Bush state Unit 1922 #22H

The Bush State wells you referenced appear to be in Block 4 Section 22 (Abstract A-2311) and they extend in to Section 19 (Abstract A-390).

Thank you for that information. Since I own minerals in Sec 19 should I be getting paid on the Bush State wells.

I found out about oil wells from my appraisal office about a well I was not familiar with.

I hope this info will be helpful to you.

I discovered mineral royalty payments that had been escheated to the state of Texas as unclaimed property. You might Texas Unclaimed Property website. Check names of other family members you inherited the lease from. The $ I found was in my grandmothers name from from previous lease companies from years 2018 & 19.

Funds were not being paid to me by the current leasing company because they did not have proper documentation for the chain of ownership which proves I am an heir and the other well has no had production greater than $100 (they will issue a check if it reaches $100

Here is info I found that may help you if you pull reports from the RCC (Railroad Commission) Also is contact info for the company leasing your minerals The only well I could find was Well 10H and it is in near Pecos, Texas just south of Sandy Lake. The only other well in your name in Reece Co I could find was Schwalbe AB 2475 BLK 4 SEC 16 /H&GN RR CO / LC RI. (Texasfile.com)

Griffin Bush #10H LEASE#285594 GRIFFIN STATE UNIT 1922 10H Legal Description: ABSTRACT 2311 BLK 4 SEC 22 /H&GN RR CO / MARTI SURVEY OPERATOR :CALLON (PERMIAN) LLC 2000 W SAM HOUSTON PARKWAY STE 2000 HOUSTON TX 77042 Owner Relations Phone: 281-368-7714 E-mail: owners@callon.com

RRC:4238936389 FIELD:PHANTOM FMTN:WOLFCAMP RRC # 285594 API: 38936389

1 Like

It is certainly worth investigating. As you noted, having the wells show up on your tax bill would certainly lead you to think you should be receiving some royalties. If the wells are allocation wells, they often have to really traverse your property. Being in the same section alone may not be enough to be included. Sending a certified letter to the operator usually at least gets a response.

The operator sends the list of royalty owners for each well, including royalty DOI, to Reeves CAD. If you are not being paid on these wells, then you should immediately contact Callon to see if your royalties are being held in suspense by Callon and to confirm your DOI in the wells. Is it possible that division orders were sent out and lost in the mail or returned by P.O. to Callon? Do you own an NPRI and need to ratify the unit or lease? Is there an unresolved title issue? Is your lease with Callon or another working interest which may not have participated in the wells? You should email Callon and attach the appraisal notices for reference. You may want to also send a certified letter.

I have certainly contacted Callon and the money is suspended but I’m waiting on a answer as to why. My other family members aren’t receiving their payments either. We do own a NPRI interest and know that we never received bonus money because of that. What does it mean to ratify the unit or lease?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.