Identifying Lease Holders

Could someone advise me on how to identify what company holds the minerals in a section. I originally leased to a broker approximately 4 years ago and since that time, the area was temp. spaced by an oil company. Due to the fact that leases are sold and traded among companies, I feel the minerals are now in possession of another company. I am trying to determine what company currently hold these minerals which will expire in September of 2012. Any advice will be appreciated.

Which state are these in Charles ?

These minerals are located in Williams County, ND. Since my post, I contacted the lease broker whom we originally leased to back in 2008. I found out that they still hold this lease and the lease will be expiring in September of this year. Marathon has two new permits adjacent to this Section and a permit is also just North of this Section. Oasis has drilled two wells not far from this Section just to the East. These minerals are located in t157N;R103W;Section 29. You can look this up on the GIS map at the NDIC website. I just can't figure out why this broker still holds the lease since it is nearing expiration. The broker did comment that they will try to negotiate a new lease in July if the lease is not drilled on. Sometimes, I don't try to second guess anything in this business. I also have minerals in Section 31 just to the West of Section 29 and Marathon has this area under permit and states they will drill the area this summer. Also, do you have any idea what bonuses are going for in this area of Williams County.?

r w kennedy said:

Which state are these in Charles ?

Charles, I have no information on Williams county leases that you couldn't pick up from a quick review of the Williams county group. If you don't have your questions answered about the possible assignments of your leases I could look on the NDRIN for you. Just let me know.

RW:

I called the broker, whom I leased those minerals to in 2008. It appears this broker still holds the lease which will expire in September of this year. Also, I found that if you go to the Eser.com website and pull up your mineral area, it will provide the names of the mineral lease holders and mineral owners in that section. Don't know if that holds true for all sections but it reflected our information. Appears there are several mineral holders in our Section but can't determine which holds the majority of the minerals. I'm actually hoping for the chance at a new lease since the original bonus was $100/acre in 2008 and the royalty is 15%. Needless to say, adjustments to these figures will be changed greatly. Thanks again for your help and contributions to this forum.

r w kennedy said:

Charles, I have no information on Williams county leases that you couldn't pick up from a quick review of the Williams county group. If you don't have your questions answered about the possible assignments of your leases I could look on the NDRIN for you. Just let me know.

Charles or anyone,

You mentioned Eser.com. Quite a few weeks back, I'd found that Eser.com no longer posted the leases or documents below any given sections of land.

When I posted; Charles, you were the only one to respond and said it didn't show up on your screen anymore also. I wasn't sure if they were revamping their site, as it was getting to be not so current to any new leases past the end of June 2011. I also wondered if it had anything to do with infringing on the NDRIN pay site, that this was being displayed for free.

Over Christmas, I was able to log onto my sons laptop and when I pulled up Eser, it DID display the leases/documents again; however the difference was that you couldn't open them, to read what was inside. I did notice it was still "older" information, not updated to last half of 2011. You could only see Lessee and Lessor and Company name and dates of document and recording. (Still helpful to most).

When I returned home, anxious to find the information on my computer, it still DIDN'T show them at all. I've pulled up at random in each of the oil counties, thinking I might find it posted somewhere, if not on my particular minerals. Still nothing.

Could this be a computer issue, as I mentioned awhile ago, needing a new computer? Santa didn't bring one :((

Any suggestions to getting my computer to use Eser correctly? It makes me wonder what else I am not able to get from other websites, possibly because of my computer.

Thanks,

Susan

charles s mallory said:

RW:

I called the broker, whom I leased those minerals to in 2008. It appears this broker still holds the lease which will expire in September of this year. Also, I found that if you go to the Eser.com website and pull up your mineral area, it will provide the names of the mineral lease holders and mineral owners in that section. Don't know if that holds true for all sections but it reflected our information. Appears there are several mineral holders in our Section but can't determine which holds the majority of the minerals. I'm actually hoping for the chance at a new lease since the original bonus was $100/acre in 2008 and the royalty is 15%. Needless to say, adjustments to these figures will be changed greatly. Thanks again for your help and contributions to this forum.

r w kennedy said:

Snues:

I just got done looking at the Eser.org website. I agree that the map does not reflect the current permits and possibly some completed wells but it did reflect the current mineral holders in my Section and also reflected my name back when I leased these minerals. I still wouldn't put much trust in the map information. As for your problems, I wouldn't think it would be your computer if you are connected to the Internet. Don't take my word for that since I am far from a computer geek. Good luck in getting your problems solved.

Snues said:

Charles or anyone,

You mentioned Eser.com. Quite a few weeks back, I'd found that Eser.com no longer posted the leases or documents below any given sections of land.

When I posted; Charles, you were the only one to respond and said it didn't show up on your screen anymore also. I wasn't sure if they were revamping their site, as it was getting to be not so current to any new leases past the end of June 2011. I also wondered if it had anything to do with infringing on the NDRIN pay site, that this was being displayed for free.

Over Christmas, I was able to log onto my sons laptop and when I pulled up Eser, it DID display the leases/documents again; however the difference was that you couldn't open them, to read what was inside. I did notice it was still "older" information, not updated to last half of 2011. You could only see Lessee and Lessor and Company name and dates of document and recording. (Still helpful to most).

When I returned home, anxious to find the information on my computer, it still DIDN'T show them at all. I've pulled up at random in each of the oil counties, thinking I might find it posted somewhere, if not on my particular minerals. Still nothing.

Could this be a computer issue, as I mentioned awhile ago, needing a new computer? Santa didn't bring one :((

Any suggestions to getting my computer to use Eser correctly? It makes me wonder what else I am not able to get from other websites, possibly because of my computer.

Thanks,

Susan

charles s mallory said:

RW:

r w kennedy said:

Does anyone know if Texas has a website like the NDRIN/ESER to look at who's leased or who hasn't?

I have mineral rights in Williams county and just signed lease for 1000.00 an acre.

Royality of 20%

Rodney:

Where in Williams is your'e minerals located (Township/Range/Section)? I might be negotiating a new lease in a few months in T157N;R103W area so any info will be appreciated.

Rodney Gene Black said:

I have mineral rights in Williams county and just signed lease for 1000.00 an acre.

Royality of 20%

Township:154 north, range 97 west 5th P.M.

Sections, 14-15-22-23

charles s mallory said:

Rodney:

Where in Williams is your'e minerals located (Township/Range/Section)? I might be negotiating a new lease in a few months in T157N;R103W area so any info will be appreciated.

Rodney Gene Black said:

Royality of 20%

Rodney:

Thanks for the info.

Rodney Gene Black said:

Township:154 north, range 97 west 5th P.M.

Sections, 14-15-22-23

charles s mallory said:

Rodney:

Rodney Gene Black said:

Royality of 20%