ICLEI grass roots world wide movement to set standards

Anyone involved in local politics know anything? Do they engage in city planning?? Zoneing. They sign contracts with communities and give funding to implement their ideas. These are long, 25 year long contracts. Just wonder who has first hand accounts of this.

I'm not familiar with the group. How does this relate to oil & gas mineral development?

It relates to voteing and control of property rights in the future. I find it hard to know what "real" news is these days. If real people have dealt with or heard of this, than I am inclined to believe it more. I think mineral rights and property rights are related. That is why I ask. I put it in politics because, well, it is a political topic. Thanks for the response.

Their web sight and then the converse point of view.

Converse point of view

Trying to be objective and not a "fear monger ". I really just want to know.

My city and state is listed in the names of towns, as is half of Florida it seams. I am not usually a grass roots , politically involved person, so don't know what really happens at this level.

if you Google ICLEI thee are many articles that will explain what they do. If you are in Florida, as I am, the state won't really exist after 2100 since it will be under water. In the meanwhile they are trying to make this a more sustainable planet.

Link to the florida story might not work i am on a kindle. Lori

http://www.freedomadvocates.org/articles/private_property/the_florida_story_20110309431/

Thanks for the reply Brita. Are you in south Florida? Miami dade county is two hours south of pompano. Is it true HELICOPTERS landed to enforce land use policies?? We left fl this spring. The govt was too oppressive. Too many fines, red tape, low wages, huge police presence. Glad we escaped. If property owners face this…its not long until mineral right owners do too.