I went to the North Dakota Attorney General's Office in Bismarck on December 1, 2010 and told them what Blanca Peak was in the process of doing

Blanca Peak Energy, LLC is just a bogus front company created by RedSky Land for Chesapeake Energy. They do it like this where they can cheat the mineral owner out of his or her money like they did in Michigan. These same crooked cowards, Adam White, Dan Glashauser, etc, who are supervised by Joe McFerron in Edmond, Oklahoma, are the exact people who cheated hundreds of mineral owners in Michigan out of their rightful money. Here is some information about Michigan:

http://blogs.forbes.com/christopherhelman/2011/06/10/its-high-time-chesapeakes-mcclendon-felt-the-heat/

Here is a 92 year old lady whom they cheated out of her money!

http://ipr.interlochen.org/ipr-news-features/episode/12808

Kevin,

What response did the ND Attorney General's Office give to you, after telling them about Blanca Peak/Chesapeake Energy?

Snues,

Did Kevin answer your question in private message? He was plenty verbal about it
before you asked this question. I, myself would be very interested in his response.
:)))

Wes Luke

Hi Wes,

No, I did not get the answer in private message. I eagerly await the response, I hope that ND was pro-active in investigating it.

In the meanwhile, I would encourage any and ALL people that are burned by this company, to be sure and contact this ND office, so when they have a really thick file accumulating, they'll see the urgency to do something.

It took alot of complaints before the Attorney Generals office acted against Bakken Exploration, a Colorado co, with a cease and desist order.

Having recently investigated Bakken Exploration and applying the cease and desist order, you'd think they (ND Attorney General) would be even more pro-active to watch for other companies doing the same. There has to be similar patterns among the aggressive companies, which should raise red flags. If the Attorney Generals office, gave half an attempt to research other states this has happened in, from this company, they'd put a stop to it, or at least step on their toes some.

As fast as Blanca Peak Energy is moving with their leasing, they can breeze in and hit this state with a whole pile of non-paid lessors, before they realize they didn't get paid within the "lengthy" 60-120 business day Order For Payment. By years end, the ND Attorney Generals office will likely have seen enough complaints, to then begin the investigation. With Kevin already alerting them to their practices, I do hope they are quicker than years end to shut them down.

As fast as their recording numbers increase, by September, they'll possibly have 3000-5000 recordings. It will be interesting to watch just how many ratifications will be needed with this company. That in itself, should alert the Attorney General.

You are right, as I met with Chesapeake in Casper and was not impressed. They are one of the companies that is frauding the landowners as we speak. We the landowners need to spend the time educating and sharing this vital information with all!! Actually, the state should be regulating the landmen, but they are also lining their pockets.

Thanks for having the backbone to speak up, Jody!

How is Chesapeake frauding the landowners? Are they getting the leases and simply not paying the mineral owners on the lease? Or are they using some kind of "loop hole" language in their leases?

jody kuntz said:

You are right, as I met with Chesapeake in Casper and was not impressed. They are one of the companies that is frauding the landowners as we speak. We the landowners need to spend the time educating and sharing this vital information with all!! Actually, the state should be regulating the landmen, but they are also lining their pockets.

I'm in Ohio, and was called by Sullivan Land Resources to lease my mothers interest in the homestead she shares mineral rights in with 5 other siblings. There are 2 still alive, and they have signed and been paid. The rest, including my mother have died and passed the rights on the children. Some of us recieved leases, some did not. But I don't think any but the two living were paid. I (after speaking to my uncle who had an attorney look at the lease and then the two of them signed, recommended that I sign ) signed in June, to recieve bonus within 60 days. I never did. Sullivan won't answer my calls, and when I went to Chesapeak via facebook, they responded to me right away, and promised to look into it. This was 11/10/11. From the sounds of things, I may not want them to pay or to do business with them. When is it legal and binding? As far as I can tell only the two living siblings have been recorded. With all the different parties having interest in the same land, how does that work, can they drill and just not pay the bonus to the rest of us? Can we lease to a different company?

First, understand that I am NOT an authority on the O&G lease details as we are still in the process of negotiating a lease (since June).

As far as leasing to a different company, I don't see any reason you can't do that. However, the most important part may be that you can proove ownership of the mineral rights. You (and the other heirs) may need to have a "Statement of Claim of Mineral Interest". You should be able to find the form online or you can get one from the county abstract office in Mott, ND. I'm assuming the mineral rights you're talking about are in Hettinger County.

Chesapeake doesn't have a great reputation in the industry from what I've read. I don't think they're doing anything "illegal" but maybe "unethical", so take your time.

Good luck and maybe my amateur comments will get you started.

Ron

Shar Kullman said:

I'm in Ohio, and was called by Sullivan Land Resources to lease my mothers interest in the homestead she shares mineral rights in with 5 other siblings. There are 2 still alive, and they have signed and been paid. The rest, including my mother have died and passed the rights on the children. Some of us recieved leases, some did not. But I don't think any but the two living were paid. I (after speaking to my uncle who had an attorney look at the lease and then the two of them signed, recommended that I sign ) signed in June, to recieve bonus within 60 days. I never did. Sullivan won't answer my calls, and when I went to Chesapeak via facebook, they responded to me right away, and promised to look into it. This was 11/10/11. From the sounds of things, I may not want them to pay or to do business with them. When is it legal and binding? As far as I can tell only the two living siblings have been recorded. With all the different parties having interest in the same land, how does that work, can they drill and just not pay the bonus to the rest of us? Can we lease to a different company?