I received an offer to lease from Brigadier Oil and Gas

It is for 40 acres in the Jack Knight Survey, Abs. 2158. The oil company has offered $250 per acre for a bonus. I would appreciate any feedback on whether this is a reasonable bonus offer.

Mary,

After checking the area for production I see where 1 gas well has been plugged in your A-2158/API # 237-33260. Also 1 dry hole has been drilled in the past. Also another gas well was drilled in the past(API # 237-02378. No information available on that gas well through Texas Railroad Commission website. Considering no production or activity in the area the $250 might be a fair offer. Just my opinion. Possibly some Jack County mineral owner will give their opinion.

Am posting a GIS map of your A-2158 and surrounding area:

Clint Liles

Mary,

I’m not sure on your lease bonus. However I would recommend that u ask the company what there plans are for leasing your rights I.e. How much, how soon to production?? Find out what companies are involved in the leasing and production side of there plans, and research the companies. I am involved in helping my mom with a lease that has been signed for 2.5 years now on a 3 year term that we have no idea what’s going on with it. She failed to ask these questions before signing. A bonus is nice but long term royalty payments are much more valuable. Just my .02 ask as many questions as you can!

I too received a letter from Brigadier Oil & Gas proposing a purchase of an Easement and Right of Way. The terms of the agreement would include payment of $3 per foot for the initial construction of 1 pipeline estimated at 5,400 feet (this would be split by several people) I have interest in 2 Ruth wells. I live in California and really have no idea what is going on with any of this stuff. lol