I own mineral rights in Cleveland County and Oklahoma County

Hello from Athens, Greece!

I hope this message finds you well.

I wanted to touch base about my mineral rights in Cleveland County (30-T6N-1E) and Oklahoma County (25-11N-1W). It’s been quite a while since I’ve received any updates or information about them. If you have any insights or updates to share, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks a bunch!

@MikeAthens, it looks like you may have to wait a bit longer for anything new in those sections. It looks like it has been ten years or so since there was activity there. Didn’t see any new filings, permits or wells in those locations.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I’m a bit unsure about what to do with these mineral rights my mom inherited ages ago. It’s been more than 20 years, and there’s been zero activity or communication about them. The kicker is, we’re in Greece, so researching and talking to a lawyer is a real headache. I’m thinking, is it even worth keeping these rights? They haven’t cost us anything, but maybe selling them makes more sense. What do you reckon?

@MikeAthens, whether you decide to sell depends on your own situation. One thing to consider would be how large your holdings are since the sale of a small amount of non-producing minerals will be doing well to cover legal and recording costs. Also, consider that you will be trying to negotiate and close a real property transaction from Europe. I suspect it can be done, but don’t know what hurdles you might encounter trying to do this internationally. If you own minerals beyond oil and gas, like helium, iodine or lithium, this might be an additional reason to hold on, or a selling point to emphasize. I’m sure there is more, but those things came to mind first.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.