I need help leasing my land!

I am new to the site, but I think I have some prime land in Karnes County. My land is on HWY 81 two miles south of Runge. It has good highway frontage.

Please let me know anything I can do. Obviously, you guys have been researching this to some great lengths and I would surely appreciate it. I will in turn do all I can to help you and/or pay it forward.

Thanks

Darrell,

Based on your description, your acreage is probably too far south to be in the Eagle Ford trend but is still prospective for Wilcox interval. Things change very quickly as you move south from the line between Yorktown / Runge / Kenedy in the Eagle Ford trend (gets very deep very quickly).

Mark

I know pioneer to be drilling and producing in the area. Do you know anything about this?

Przzz said:

Darrell,

Based on your description, your acreage is probably too far south to be in the Eagle Ford trend but is still prospective for Wilcox interval. Things change very quickly as you move south from the line between Yorktown / Runge / Kenedy in the Eagle Ford trend (gets very deep very quickly).

Mark

Very familiar with Pioneer and Talisman's Eagle Ford activity along Hwy 72, but the extent of their activity south of Hwy 72 only spans about 1 miles south of that highway.

Darrell Wood said:

I know pioneer to be drilling and producing in the area. Do you know anything about this?

Przzz said:

Darrell,

Mark

Thanks for the Info Przzz. I guess I may not be as far south as I thought. There are some Pioneer wells south of us producing. I know we are in what is called the "deep dip" but I was hoping to get some activity on the leasing side.

Przzz said:

Very familiar with Pioneer and Talisman's Eagle Ford activity along Hwy 72, but the extent of their activity south of Hwy 72 only spans about 1 miles south of that highway.

Darrell Wood said:

Przzz said:

Darrell,

Mark

If you have either Pioneer or Talisman with wells south of you, you are in a good position in for Eagle Ford. Will probably be gas prone with condensate (not oil), but that still works - especially for companies like Pioneer who understand the play very wells.

Do you know the Abstract number where your acreage is located?

Darrell Wood said:

Thanks for the Info Przzz. I guess I may not be as far south as I thought. There are some Pioneer wells south of us producing. I know we are in what is called the "deep dip" but I was hoping to get some activity on the leasing side.

Przzz said:

Darrell Wood said:

Przzz said:

Darrell,

Mark

Not sure how to get the abstract number...can you lead me in the right direction. Also, the wells that Talisman has is South of us to the West and then North of us to the East...72 make a turn North and heads into Runge.

Przzz said:

If you have either Pioneer or Talisman with wells south of you, you are in a good position in for Eagle Ford. Will probably be gas prone with condensate (not oil), but that still works - especially for companies like Pioneer who understand the play very wells.

Do you know the Abstract number where your acreage is located?

Darrell Wood said:

Przzz said:

Darrell Wood said:

Przzz said:

Darrell,

Mark

For Abstract number, there should be info in the legal description for your acreage that includes the abstract name and number (which may be listed as "A-XXX").

I have attached a PDF that shows the area south and west of Runge along Hwy 72. Can you estimate your acreage's location as to this plat?

2635-RungeArea.pdf (2.24 MB)

From memory only I am thinking a-118 for the abstract number. From the map you attached I believe our land to be around the Ragsdale and Guthrie properties. Does this help?

I am in the process of finding a legal description, but the paperwork has been filed and proving slightly difficult to locate.

Thanks Again

It's not A-118 - that is in far SW corner of Karnes County north of Zuckerville (or Zunkerville). Also cannot find any reference to either Ragsdale or Guthrie properties (aside from a Guthrie tract north of Runge)

I will get some more information and get back to you.

It looks to me as if you follow fm81 south of Runge there is a Yates/Ragsdale just west of 81 and a Guthrie just North or East of 81. It look to me like I may be just south of Guthrie and North of TW Uzzell.

It looks according to the maps that my property is in the "yellow" portion indication condensation or wet gas. I do know of properties several miles south of us wells producing some gas and several hundred barrels of condensate. I am hoping being north of these wells mean we have more condensate...time will tell.

Przzz said:

It's not A-118 - that is in far SW corner of Karnes County north of Zuckerville (or Zunkerville). Also cannot find any reference to either Ragsdale or Guthrie properties (aside from a Guthrie tract north of Runge)

Got it...its abstract 119 Guthrie, william

Darrell Wood said:

I will get some more information and get back to you.

It looks to me as if you follow fm81 south of Runge there is a Yates/Ragsdale just west of 81 and a Guthrie just North or East of 81. It look to me like I may be just south of Guthrie and North of TW Uzzell.

It looks according to the maps that my property is in the "yellow" portion indication condensation or wet gas. I do know of properties several miles south of us wells producing some gas and several hundred barrels of condensate. I am hoping being north of these wells mean we have more condensate...time will tell.

Przzz said:

Darrell

Things change really quickly in the Eagle Ford as to types and ratios of gas vs condensate vs NGL's vs oil. Definitely too far south to be in black oil part of the trend but having gas / condensate is a good thing as to reservoir energy and EUR's. And with gas prices inching upward, it is getting better.

My major advice would be to see if you can find out who has leased the acreage offsetting your block - figure it will be either Pioneer or Talisman. Easeir for them to pool with your block vs. having a third party in the mix.

Thank you for all your help! It will not be forgotten!

Przzz said:

Darrell

Things change really quickly in the Eagle Ford as to types and ratios of gas vs condensate vs NGL's vs oil. Definitely too far south to be in black oil part of the trend but having gas / condensate is a good thing as to reservoir energy and EUR's. And with gas prices inching upward, it is getting better.

My major advice would be to see if you can find out who has leased the acreage offsetting your block - figure it will be either Pioneer or Talisman. Easeir for them to pool with your block vs. having a third party in the mix.

119- 118 ; you were close

Attached are two PDF's. Plat with purple dot pinpints A-119 / coves 1440 acres (give or take). Other plat shows the two Talisman Eagle Ford wells that are in the north part of A-119.

Gus Tips GU #1H (32102) has produced 774 MMCF & 50,500 BC in 15 months and was still producing about 930 MCF & 51 BC per day in Jan 2013. IP for this well was 3150 MCF & 304 BC per day with 0.744 gas gravity (so lots of NGL's but no way to get this info unless you are royalty owner and getting check stubs with NGL volumes). Typical decline as expected for EF well in this area. Rough EUR figure for this well would be in the 1.5-2.2 BCF range with 100-150 MBC plus NGL's.

Matula GU #1H (31981) has produced 790 MMCF & 36,000 BC in 17 months and was still producing 759 MCF & 32 BC per day in Jan 2013. IP for this well was 4.3 MMCF & 246 BC per day with 0.724 gas gravity (so NGL's too). Typical decline as for the other well. Rough EUR figure for this well would be 2-2.5 BCF with 90-120 MBC plus NGL's.

Assume your acreage would be in the middle to southern part of A-119.

2633-SouthRungeA119.pdf (1.27 MB) 2634-A119TalismanEFwells.pdf (1.26 MB)

One more thing - attached is a PDF showing leases filed in A-119 over past 5 years. You may know some of the landowners. Note that Talisman now owns all the Enduring and Hilcorp leases. Looks like mostly 3 year term - don't know if there are two year options or not. Only royalty noted is 22.5% (rate to see any royalty annotation) - figure you can get 25% royalty if you lease. No idea on bonuses.

2632-A119Leases.pdf (5.76 KB)

That is some great information and much appreciated. The numbers are about what we expected ours to produce. I will attempt to contact Talisman on Monday. Do you happen to have any contacts with them?

Yes...the southern border of my land is FM 81.

Thanks Again

Przzz said:

One more thing - attached is a PDF showing leases filed in A-119 over past 5 years. You may know some of the landowners. Note that Talisman now owns all the Enduring and Hilcorp leases. Looks like mostly 3 year term - don't know if there are two year options or not. Only royalty noted is 22.5% (rate to see any royalty annotation) - figure you can get 25% royalty if you lease. No idea on bonuses.

Sorry - don;t have any contacts for them. But I think that they have a field office in either Runge or Kenedy. If you find that, they can put you in contact with their land people.

I have attached the permit and plat for the Matula 1H (which sits in the northern part of A-119). Interestng unit configuration. Large (680 acres) and long in NS direction but well is in the very northern part of unit. Good chance that eventually they may drill other wells on this unit moving to the sourth paralleling the Matula 1H horizontal.

Darrell Wood said:

That is some great information and much appreciated. The numbers are about what we expected ours to produce. I will attempt to contact Talisman on Monday. Do you happen to have any contacts with them?

Thanks Again

Przzz said:

2631-MatulaPermitUnit.pdf (69.6 KB)

Again...thanks for the great information. It looks as if the southern border of the 660 acre unit may be the northern border of our acres...if its not bordering it is very close.

Przzz said:

I have attached the permit and plat for the Matula 1H (which sits in the northern part of A-119). Interestng unit configuration. Large (680 acres) and long in NS direction but well is in the very northern part of unit. Good chance that eventually they may drill other wells on this unit moving to the sourth paralleling the Matula 1H horizontal.

Darrell Wood said:

Thanks Again

Przzz said: