I need an address to send an Affidavit of death and heirship

Garfield county. Section 34-24N-3W I was told to send it here: Jess Harris, III, LLC, 13124 N. Macarthur Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK 73142 but it got returned to me. Does anyone have a name/address of the person I should send it to? I was told by another person to send it to the Garfield county courthouse to the clerk of deeds’ Thanks in advance!

Well, it kind of depends on why you’re filing it. If you executed it because a company wanted you to, then you send it that company.

If you prepared it so it would be public knowledge, then it has to be signed, acknowledged (that’s the part of the form that is notarized at the bottom of all legally filed documents), and mailed with a recording fee to the Garfield County Clerk’s office in Enid, OK.

A one page doc is $18.00, a two page document is $20.00.

1 Like

Thanks Tim. Yea we just want it to be public knowledge. If anyone has the contact person or address that would help up out.

Appreciated.

Garfield County, 580.237.0226 See if this number is the correct one and they can give you the proper address.

Just be aware that in Oklahoma an Affidavit of Heirship will not necessarily clear up title issues and the document must be on file 10 years. Therefore, if the minerals are producing don’t be surprised if the company requires an Oklahoma probate in order to put your royalties in “pay status”.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Garfield PO Box 1664 Enid, OK 73702

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.