I don't understand oil and gas lease

Hello all,

I am new to all this.

Mineral rights were passed down to me from my Dad. I have just now had a chance to look into all this.

I sent an email to the company that sends the checks, requesting information and maybe a contract or some sort of paperwork.

This is the response I received back... please shed any light on this and how would I find out the percentage that is being given.

Dear Ms. Lombard,

You are credited with a 0.6249988% mineral interest in tracts 3 and 4 of the Southeast Ward Unit located in Stephens County, Texas. This interest is derived from an oil and gas lease which I am unable to locate at this time.

It is normal and customary industry practice for the lease to be in force and effect for as long as oil and/or gas is being produced in paying quantities.

The following are descriptions of the two tracts listed above:

Tract 3

120 acres of land, more or less, being the North 120 acres of the West 160 acres, more or less, of the East 373.8 acres, more or less, of Section 7, Block 5, in the T&P RR Co. Survey, Abstract No. 365, Stephens County, Texas.

Tract 4

40 acres, more or less, being the South 40 acres, more or less, of the West 160 acres, more or less, of the East 373.8 acres, more or less, of Section 7, Block 5, in the T&P RR Co. Survey, Abstract No. 365, Stephens County, Texas.

Cordially,

Bob Zadina

Ms. Lombard: We are going through this process here in Texas currently. It is not clear whether your father’s Will, assuming he had a Will and it was probated, that a “distribution deed” was prepared by an Estate Attorney and filed in the County where the mineral property is located. The Will should have indicated your share of the mineral property. I would be in contact with the Executor of the Estate or If your father had an attorney I would contact him to see what was prepared and filed in your behalf. In our situation we will have to provide a copy of the distribution deed, order of probate, letters testamentary, and copy of the Will to the Oil Company’s so they will be able to distribute the withheld royalty payments to the beneficiaries.