Hughes County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Thanks in advance for whatever information/assistance you may provide. It’s a challenge to stay current on the O&G activity in OK, especially since I no longer live in Edmond and have lost my geologist/professor husband.

I just joined this group, and glad to see this exist. I have some minerals in 7N-8E and Silver Creek has offered to lease them. They were offering various rates and up to 1/5 interest at $0 bonus. However, I see that they have some bad comments on here. Does anyone know of anyone else leasing in this area that I could maybe lease with instead of Silver Creek? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Sam:

Yes, Silver Creek has received some bad comments here; I for one got a bit concerned after seeing them. I have a lot of acreage that I’ve leased to them in the past 4 years. Rest assured, once the dust settled, they have honored their commitments to me and made everything right. I have just leased to them again. I have had no problems getting paid.

Yes, you are right Claudia, it would be with United. There was someone else that had contacted me about leasing in the area, but I can’t remember the name and didn’t really know much about them either. I think they were called Family Tree or something like that.

Thank you Claudia for your comment. That does make me feel a bit better. Do you have any surface lands they’ve used? I have some surface they are looking to use and I’m hoping they’ll clean up after themselves. The last guy that was there just left a bunch of brush and trees piled up and now its a bit fire hazard. Any thoughts on that? Thanks again. Sam.

Sam:

I don’t have any surface where they are drilling. I’m sure there is some sort of agreement you could enter into with them. All I’ve done for surface was seismic permits and I was very specific about the clean up! I’m going to assume that you are leasing with United Land?

Would anyone know what the going rate is these days for a gas pipeline? Its been years since I negotiated one of these and I have no idea what a good rate would be in Hughes county.

I would not lease to Silver Creek under any circumstances. Have acreage they leased and drilled, has been nothing but trouble. At first I thought they were just incompetent, but now I think they are crooks. If it is good acreage, someone else will lease and drill it. It is worth waiting because Silver Creek will be a problem as long as the well produces.

Thanks Will I appreciate your help. I haven’t signed with them yet. So I’ll wait and see if anyone else contacts me. In the end, I might have to go with them if they force pool, but I’ll wait and see. What kind of problems did you have with them if you don’t mind me asking? Did they not pay or what?

Leta, I can see what I wrote to you a couple of hrs. ago, but this is all on the COMMENT WALL. On the DISCUSSION FORUM (just above this), the most recent discussion I can see is LEASE OFFER SEC 5 - 4N - 9E, with the last reply January 22. The only way I knew you had joined Stephanie’s discussion regarding the slowdown of O & G activity was to click on her “icon” (picture) on the left. I’m not sure of all the features of the MRF, but trying to learn! Just a point of interest, can you see my response to Stephanie anywhere other than clicking on one of our icons?

Stephanie and Leta - is there something strange about this Forum (or is it my computer)? For all the rest of you, Stepanie posted and I responded and then Leta had an additional question, but these are not shown on these pages.

So Leta, to answer you, 4 Petroquest wells with surface locations in Sec. 22-7N-10E (just east of your section) all had “Spud Notices” filed with the OCC yesterday. The links are http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/03096EBA.pdf, http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/03096EBB.pdf, http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/03096EB9.pdf, and http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/03096EC1.pdf. I know this didn’t directly address the pooling question, but thought you might like to know of this progress in the area.

Wesley, accept my apology for the misspelling of your name. Typo for the extra “ss” in your name. …Leta

Hi Wessley Skinner, thank you ever so much for the OCC web links. I was told by my Leasee …Great Sky Partners that Petroquest would be drilling in approx. 6 months. I was approved for this forum on 12-15-'14 I am learning what I can from this forum…all new stuff to me, but check daily. And I “think,” based on a couple of forum comments that S21 has some value. Sure hope so. Wesley, how did you figure out that the forum did ‘not’ show your response to both Stephanie and myself? Everything you are writing right now is precise and clear, including the web links on “Spud Notices.” I thank you for your information…Leta in Montana

Wesley; All of your posts are not coming through.

I understand that drilling has been completed in S21-7N-10E. Does anyone know whether or not there has been a ‘FINDING’ of hydrocarbons.?

Thank you,

Leta C.

Hi again Wesley Skinner. You have helped me before on this forum so it is good to hear from you again. I will take your recommendation to subscribe to OkEnergyToday, because i am so anxious to find out if there is a finding of hydrocarbons. I find all this oil industry exciting. And wish I even knew part of your expertise. Somewhere along the way I have learned that the ARKOMA BASIN (location of my minerals) has a rich pool of Gas. That would be so “delicious” to know definitively if I would one day be notified of Royalty Assets. But trying to ‘not’ “count my chickens before they hatch.”…so to speak…Thank you Wesley. Your input is welcomed…Leta from MONTANA. P.S. Don’t run away Wesley.

Leta, I looked and the Dora 1-21H, surface location 22-7N-10E was spud 1-23-15. Looks like the company is drilling 4 wells off the same pad in 22, so probably will complete drilling all and then schedule fracking one after the other. It could take six months after the well is completed to see the Completion Report.

The easy way to check for Completion Reports is to subscrive to OK Energy Today, which is a weekday morning service. They also have great energy news summaries for Oklahoma, national and international. The service is free and the emails come within 2 or 3 minutes of 6:00 AM (central). The link is Subscribe to OK Energy Today

Maybe someone who lives in the area could drive out to the location and give you more information.

The well is the Dora 1-21H which was spud on 1-23-15 from a pad in 22 as Wesley mentioned.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

Watch it from this website. Type in 2207N10E in the Location box since it was spud in 22. The form you are looking for is the 1002A which will be the completion form. The 1001A is the spud and the 1000 is the permit. The Completion report will not be out for several months. I suspect it will be for Woodford. The permit lists Mississippian Woodford Hunton and Sylvan-probably all gas. You will not get a Division order until about six months after first sales, so hang in there a little longer.

Thank you M barnes, i simply took the ONLY information that I had was from the ‘NOTIFICATION OF WELL SPUD.’ which as you stated correctly the well name is Dora 1-21H. The only dates I have is the 1-23-‘15 SPUD DATE. (I have no other dates) When I entered the OPERATOR # 21466 0, the system told me I had the wrong Operator #. I also typed in the correct API # 063 24519, again pulling the data from the’ Notification of Well Spud.’ (1-23-'15). If the Scan date is not important …good. but the OCC Form is asking for
Effective dates…(FROM some date TO some date) Nothing there on the Spud…so very confusing. I apologize but what is S-T-R?..thank you for your trouble…Leta C.

Leta, with the OCC website, less info is better. You don’t need to enter dates.

Just type in 2207N10E in the location site and hit Search.

It will give you a list of the wells that spud in 22 (Dora goes into 21, but you will find it here and not in 21).

Hit the Blue ID 50949817 and the Form 1001A will open up. The Operator is PetroQuest Energy LLC and pertinent well info well be there. This will not list any hydrocarbons. It just gives the date drilling started and the location.

When the well is finished and the completion report is filed, you will see a Form called 1002A. It is not there yet and won’t be for a couple of months. The well should be about finished now, but the completion reports are usually 4-6 months late. You will receive a Division Order within six months of the first sales month. They have to pay you within six months or they owe you interest.

Does that help?