Hughes County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Louvre 15-3H was completed on March 21, 2015. First sales March 21, 2015. You should have gotten a DO by now from Silver Creek or Scissortail Energy. If not, they will owe you interest. Start fussing. I have had to fuss with Silver Creek before.
Completion rates were 94 bbls/day and 731 mcfpd on gas lift.

To M Barnes, do you have royalty in S03T9NR10E? I have been contacted by a landman, I would like to know if anyone knows the going rate for leasing

Leta, to make the answer simple, I queried how many wells were completed in Hughes County over the last 500 days in the Woodford reservoir only. There were 49. Binning into 10 categories based upon gas only puts the Dora in level 1-or the lowest level with 10 being the best. 19 wells are in Bin 1 (8-1340mcf/day) and 13 wells are in Bin 2 (1340-2673mdf/day). Only 1 well is in Bin 10 at 11,999-13,332 mdf/day. The rest of the wells go in the other bins as appropriate.

If I query all of the Woodford wells in the whole state of OK in the past 500 days, there were 678 Woodford wells. If I bin the same way, the Dora is still in Bin 1 with 345 wells (2-1533mcf/day) Bin 2 has 93 wells (1533-3063 mcf/day) Bin 10 has 7 wells (13778-15311mcf/day). The rest of the wells go in the other bins.

The same type of query can be done for oil wells, so the Dora wouldn’t meet the criteria since it has no oil at all.

Every reservoir could be queried. Or all wells in the last 500 or any number of days, so you can see how complicated it can get. There were 4887 wells drilled in OK in the last 500 days…Bin 1 for gas was 1-11,001mcf/day and bin 10 was 99,000-110,011 mcf/day so the range is huge. Oil Bin 1 was .2-278.7 bopd and Bin 10 was 2506.5-2785.3 bopd for all reservoirs. So you can see how wide the ranges can become as you ask different questions.

Hope that helps you get a feel.

M Barnes, I’ve inquired about Louvre 15-3H and have not received a response. We did sign the DO in April.

Claudia,

You may have to call, send certified mails and keep calling. I have had to do that with them. You may also have to request the interest if not paid by November. Some companies can run a bit late.

@ M Barnes; they are trying to lease me again in several other tracts; hopefully this will give me some bargaining edge.

Jackie Mayo, This link will show the volume of production on the Louvre well that Silver Creek has reported to the Oklahoma Tax Commission.

https://www4.oktax.onenet.net/GrossProduction/PUNDetailsPrint.php?g…

That’s great Claudia Kemmerer. I’ll be watching my PO box. I signed the DO months ago. Hope your check was nice… better than a visit for fast food. Ha!

Many thanks all. Check received today. I know there has been some controversy about them, but I continue to believe that they are experiencing growing pains at a time when the market is “less than favorable.”

is 5 to 8 bcf of gas from two producing woodford shale wells at a total cumulative production a lot as far as amount of gas and dollar value to possible heirs?

M Barnes,

It has been awhile since we have communicated. My Question: I received a small royalty check late 2015. Then royalties stopped. I made an inquiry of the driller (PETROQUEST ENERGY LLc) why the royalties stopped. I was advised that my well (Dora -S21-07N-10E) has been “Shut In” because of fracking in adjacent areas. Please educate me as to what such a rational would be when my well “WAS” previously producing from the Woodford Formation. Thank you for any information. …Leta C. Montana

Leta,

It is common to have a well shut in temporarily when another horizontal well within a certain distance is Frac’d. Sec 22 has the pad for the Dora well and there are four wells off that pad. Two north into 16 (Joyce comp 5-15-15) and 15 (Carmen comp 5-15-15) and two south into 21 (Dora comp 5-15-15) and 22 (Reba comp 5-15-15). Another pad is in 34 with two wells north into 28 (Megan spud 9-16-15) and 27 (Tara spud 9-17-15) so these last two wells could have caused the shut in about October or so. Does that match your royalty cut off date? They shut the wells in to protect them. I do not see completion reports for those two wells, so not sure when or if the frac jobs have been done.

That being said, it is possible that they just decided to shut in the wells while the prices are low. Check your lease for the shut in terms for when they need to pay you. Might be better to get higher prices later.

Call them back again and ask when they plan to open the wells back up.

To M Barnes,

Thank you for responding. My % is 3.33 net acres. In reviewing the ‘COMPLETION REPORT’ the return on gas in the Woodford is 966 MCF/DAYIf I recall correctly you advised me it was a good production. I learned from the D.O. ANALYST during my inquiry that “SLICKWATER” can be a problem from the adjacent fracking, and result in migration into my ‘DORA’ well and cause it to water log. My understanding of the Wooodford formation is rich with gas. Does this “slickwater migration” make sense? When I signed my lease I got $1100.00 bucks per net mineral acre, so construed it had value. I appreciate your expertise as I have stated in past communiques. First Production was May 27 2015. Do you think, perhaps, there is some chance it will be allowed to produce gas again? Thank you kindly, Leta C. from MONTANA.

M Barnes,

October sounds right for the Royalty cut off date. I feel a tad better that, perhaps, my Dora Sec.21-07N-10E will produce again. I know that prices are disappointingly low, however, was encouraged when the 40 year oil export ban was lifted. I shall follow up on both of your suggestions. You are good for the forum. Please don’t run away. Thank you M Barnes for all your time and expertise…Leta C. (MONTANA)

M Barnes,

Forgot the County and State to my question below. Hughes County, OK.

Thank you for any new information…Leta C

It depends upon what your percentage of those wells are, the possibility of future drilling for the Woodford or other horizons. Hard to give a hard answer without more information. In general a 5-8 BCF well is a nice well in this area.

NEW LEASE INFO J Barnes I have received an offer to lease in Sec 19, 8N, R9E. Received pretty low offer. Has anyone leased in that area or know of any activity going on there? Thanks.

44 leases in 8N-9E in the last 999 days. No court dockets, no current permits. Continental Land Resources ad Keener Oil & Gas Co are the current grantees.

Generally, I insist on several clauses in each lease including a Depth Clause and a No Deductions clause (interest applies to gross revenue and not post expenses net revenue). I am attaching an example of a “clauses” page generally referred to as “Exhibit A” as referenced in the lease. Mineral%20Lease%20Exhibit%20A%20Clauses.docx

Thanks for the info, Martha and Robert. I’ll take your advice, Martha, and request the extension be removed. I usually do this anyway.

Robert, thanks for the attachment. I’ve attached the list of clauses I ask for–it’s a considerably longer list, but so far most companies agree to them all. This is a list I got at another forum here at the MI Board. Exhibit%20A%20clauses.pdf