Hughes County 2-5-9

I was approached in September by Blue Chip to lease in 2-5-9 in Hughes County. We came to an agreement and he sent me the lease. I explained I had a lease that I standardly use so I sent it to him after he asked me to. I didn’t hear anything from him so I texted, called and emailed the landman to check on the status. He then responded saying he had been on vacation and turned it over to a co-worker and he dropped the ball. They had used all the money allowed to use on that tract so there was no lease between us. I was the approached this week by another company who offered $300 an acre and 1/5. Blue Chip agreed to $850 and 1/5. I understand that things change quickly but the landman told me he knew it was a hot area and ask me if I had a counter offer. Can anyone tell me how much bonus money is being paid currently in this tract. I have 40 acres.

Coterra pooled section 3 for $500 3.16ths $450 1/4 a year ago. That gives you a ballpark. They pooled section 10 at $600 3/16ths, $500 1/5 in May.

Thank you. Yes, that helps give me an idea as to what is going on today in that area.