Howard County, TX - General Discussion

A post was split to a new topic: Getting on the Mineral Tax Roll

Sounds like BS ( A company that doesnā€™t store data about when, and how your taxes are paid is suspect) I pay all my own taxes and provide an addressed stamped envelope for a receipt in counties that do not send receipts unless requested.

Regarding your reply to Karen, I received a letter requesting the sale of my mineral rights. Mine is also in Block 32, Township 2N Sections 11, 12 and 14, T&P RR Co. I donā€™s have the survey number though and Iā€™m having trouble finding the exact area. Iā€™d appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks.Max

Sabalo has drilled two wells running south to north across section 12. The Pacer Burton #4AH Unit and the Vince Everett#1AH Unit. Donā€™t think they have been completed yet, but should be good wells. My information is that they plan on drilling 8 wells on each unit, 4 in Sprayberry and 4 Wolfcamp. You should be a very lucky person. One-half of each unit will be composed of acreage in Section 12. Also, it looks like Sabalo has drilled and completed well(s) on the east side of section 14, the Priscilla 23-14.

Thanks David

Thank you for the information. This is so confusing to me. Max

Weā€™re talking big money, depending on your interest. Certainly worth hiring a professional if your concerned, and need helpā€¦ For example the Priscilla was completed at around 1500 bbl., of oil a day. Thatā€™s 1500 times $56.00 a bbl. a day. Of course these wells will probably decline rather rapidly. Donā€™t worry about being confused. Your learning.

David

How do I find out what company/companies are drilling on my familyā€™s property? Itā€™s shown above in an earlier post. Thanks for the help.

Itā€™s important that you find out what you own, and where your interest is located in each section. Do you have any records indicating your ownership? Iā€™m not an attorney or professional that does this for a living, but have experience purchasing, and leasing interest in various areas for sometime. I will try to help you if you like.

Thanks David

All I have is the information Iā€™ve listed above. I believe Iā€™m a 1/6th owner of the property inherited from my paternal grandfather. Please donā€™t go out of your way. Hopefully Iā€™ll receive more information from the initial contact.

Max, have you looked on the integrated map on the Texas Railroad Commission website? Put in Howard County at the top and zoom in about 2 clicks and see if you see your site. If so, and there are green dotsā€¦those are active oil wells. Click on the green dot and it should tell you who is drilling. I am new to this too. It is very very confusing and hard to figure out. Hang in there and do not sell your rights!!

Please post that link. canā€™t find anything almost every time I go to the RRC site. thanks in advance!

http://wwwgisp.rrc.texas.gov/GISViewer2/

Max, if I am reading the map correctly (and like I said it is new to me too), then there are 4 pumping wells on section 11 by Wagner Oil Company. Section 12 has been permitted but no pumping. Section 14 has 4 by Wagner Oil Company. If you have not received any royaltiesā€¦call Wagner and ask if there is money in ā€œsuspenseā€ under your grandfatherā€™s name. If they do, hire an oil and gas attorney. Pull together any and all paperwork to prove your heirship. In Texas, mineral rights have to be willed to a specific personā€¦if not then all possible heirs will split the royalties. Clear as mud, right??

very excellentā€¦ thank you very much. jh

Thank you so much! Appreciate the help!

Thank you, Judy! Appreciate your input.

Mr. DuBose, Iā€™m sort of new to this forum. Can I ask general questions about leasing property in Howard County? Our family has some leased acreage expiring in augustā€¦ never drilledā€¦ in and around Moss Creek Ranchā€¦ just a few miles from Big Springā€¦ west-southwest of town. We have a pretty good lease nowā€¦ but never got the huge lease bonuses I keep reading aboutā€¦ but never confirmed. we were hoping the minerals would be produced rather than bargaining for the big lease bonus. But obviously that hasnā€™t worked. Thanks for any help you or the forum can offer.