Howard County, TX - General Discussion

Just a question, would you provide the rest of the info for example is it sec 32 blk 27 t1n or t1s That means a lot for giving location and the interest the companies have in leasing. Also t1n sections around 5-30 from personal experience is extremely higher.

Mikewd123 - the $750 is TOO LOW!

This is H&TC Survey, not T&P. There is no Township.

@mikewd123 G_R gives a very informative explanation here.

1 Like

Offer way too low. Lots of activity there. Get an oil attorney to check any lease offered and if you get division orders, to check your mineral rights.

1 Like

I am new to this forum, have interest in the Nix wells. Can you tell me what, if anything, is happening in Howard County? Any activity projected?

There is activity in the area but nothing permitted in your section. If you want I could walk you through using the free RRC map over the phone. It is really easy once you get the hang of it. PM me if interested. jd

I see your response, will pm you in a few days (today is Tues, 9/11) when I have some time to stay focused. Thank you!

I hope someone is able to point me in the right direction. Iā€™m trying to find the well logs for a well that my mother has an interest in - would like to see daily production, I looking on the Texas Railroad Commission website and went to the well and tried to open the link for well logs, but thereā€™s nothing there. Production started in February. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Try the Production Reports Query system. Howard county is in district 8.

1 Like

Thank you so much!! Iā€™ll try it later today!! :blush:

Just saw that you added the link so I just tried it. Do you have any idea how to find the RRC Identifier for the lease?

I have found no easy way to find a five digit identifier number. You might try looking in permits and completions or phoning a RRC office. Are you reluctant to share the name of the lease/well and the operator? If so, you might want to fill in the operator number in the middle section of the page and narrow down the selection to district 8 and then look through all the results for the name of your lease. Remember that there is a lag time for reports in the system of about two months. If you enter October 2018 in the month of October 2018, you will not get any results.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the tips! I was able to find the RRC Identifuer without much effort. Do you know if daily well logs are available?

Youā€™re welcome! Were you able to view monthly production? Well logs deal with the likes of resistivity, porosity, permeability, etc. I do not believe well logs will help you determine daily production.

Yes, I was able to see monthly production. :blush:. Thank you!

The well was shut-in for a bit in August and the production for that month was down. Trying to see how many days it was shut in and not producing - Iā€™m assuming thereā€™s no production during shut-in.

Trying to figure out if thereā€™s a real decline in production in August. Any ideas where I can find that info? Thank you so much for your help!

You might call the Texas RRC with that. If the operator of the well is a publicly traded company, you can check corporate presentations for type curves/decline curves. Go back to the RRC GIS Map and check the production histories of other wells nearby. There may be subscription services which offer more information. Perhaps someone with much more knowledge and experience will reply.

Thank you! Will call the RRC this week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure where your mineral rites are. Who is yours leased to? Because of inheritance my ownership is very small but FYI our lease was originally with Apache which sold to Qā€¦something and is now SM energy. Back in lat 2017 we were bombarded with offers to buy our mineral rites. We held on. Currently they are getting the Division orders straight for all the owners. This has been a pain for us but eventually we will receive our mineral interest payments. One relative with 4 acres received a little over $9k for end of March-June and now 2 subsequent monthly (paid about 2 months in arrears) averaging $1800 per month. This is based on 2 wells currently producing and expect at least another coming soon based in a letter from the Railroad Commission where SM is getting permission.

Evidently these two well are in the section where my family has mineral interest. Most of us I thing are signed with SM and the Wells are Oā€™hagan I think there are currently 2 of them. So Iā€™ll share the following information. (Note our ownership is small due to inheritance. My lease was originally with Apache which sold to Qā€¦something and is now SM energy. Back in lat 2017 we were bombarded with offers to buy our mineral rites. We held on. Currently they are getting the Division orders straight for all the owners. This has been a pain for us but eventually we will receive our mineral interest payments. One relative with 4 acres received a little over $9k for end of March-June and now 2 subsequent monthly (paid about 2 months in arrears) averaging $1800 per month. This is based on 2 wells currently producing and expect at least another coming soon based in a letter from the Railroad Commission where SM is getting permission. So averaging mineral interest payments of maybe $450/acre per month.