Howard Co S18, Blk 30 Horiz. Activity

Does anyone know about any any recent activity in the general location of Sect 18, Blk 30 in Howard County? Our 90 yr old Mother is trying to decide whether to sell mineral rights. thanks for any input.

Good Morning Pat. Would that be Block 30 T1S or Block 30 T1N?

Clint Liles

Rumor is that the Horizontal well in that description in T1N was not good and they may have found edge over there.

Any offer would probably be a lot lower than anything else in the County as a result.

I think that this area will end up working out. The bayswater Broken Arrow 55-54-1-12 did about 18,900 bbls in December. You cant tell too much based on first months production because it could be a partial months worth. Usually the second month or the complete IP is a better indication of the wells. I bet section 18 Blk 30 T1N will end up being some decent wolfcamp A wells. Just my thoughts!

Different area completely.

That is an A attempt in 18-30-T1N and it appears you can go further East as you work North.

Someday sure, but as of right now it doesn’t look good.

Where do you see a horizontal well? Nonetheless, this is the “fringe of the fringe,” and it is not all too valuable when compared to properties further west. Notice how activity ceases immediately to the east of the section.

I agree it is fringe, I was referring to the bayswater well a bit to the north. I just believe this will end up playing out. Just my personal opinion.

Sorry, I meant Prospector’s reply about a test in 18-30-T1N. Did he mean a vertical well test?

T1N. Some good wells to the north and west, but drilling seems to stop towards the east.

That area gets faulty very quickly.

I misread and had Section 18 Block 30 T1N further South. I was referring to an A attempt Section 34 Block 30 T1N.

I actually agree this area is ok. As you move South and East it gets very faulty and wet.