How to transfer inherited mineral rights of 5 tracks?

We just discovered that we have 5 tracks in Pecos area that was inherited, but great-uncle never completed the ownership transfer forms. The attorney handling the inheritance has since passed away. Where and how would we go about processing the transfer? It was from great-grandfather to great uncle and grandmother, both still living. But the deed was never signed by great uncle, and grandmother was unaware of it until recently. Please, help! Time sensitive matter.

Hi PMJustice,

You say that the interests were inherited by your grandmother and great-uncle, and they are both living. If that’s correct, the only way you can claim an interest in those tracts while your grandmother and great-uncle are living is through a deed executed by them. You need to contact an attorney to draft those instruments for you, and your grandmother and great-uncle have to agree to sign them.

Hope this helps, Valeria

I am not trying to claim the property for myself. I am simply trying to help my in-laws figure out why THEY have not received the royalties, etc. from this property. Since, I wrote my post, I have my answer. Another party is receiving said royalties who should not be receiving it. Some of the tracks are rightfully theirs, however, one of them is not. Somehow it too was given to the other party that should not have been, possibly an oversight on someone’s part. We will be getting an attorney to handle this problem for my in-laws.
Thank you for your response, just-the-same. Maria