How to Locate Drilling Sites

I have 240 acres in southern Converse County WY, right along I-25 halfway between Douglas and Casper. I am not very computer savvy. I’ve tried to find out if there are any active oil or gas wells in this area and also coal or uranium mining. Not much luck so far. I don’t want to sign up for some costly service and then find out it isn’t of any value. How do I find out where any current activity is? Almost everything in Converse County is farther North near Gillette. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks. And…are there any wildcatters who would put down a drill on special terms? Thanks again.

1. Go to Google
  2. Search on Wyoming Oil and Gas
  3. That will take you to the Wyoming Oil and Gas Commission web site.
  4. Two things to learn here.
  5. How to call them. Once you do, you can ask questions.
  6. at the very top on the fist screen you will see click on the word DATA
  7. That will take you to the commissions web site that allows you to look things up
  8. Bottom right side click on oil wells
  9. Enter section, township and range. That will show activity in that section. There is also a way to look at 9 sections at a time. The section you enter plus the 9 sections surrounding it
    Happy Humting!! Lots of info in this data base. Good Luck. John

Thank you for the help, really appreciate it. I just found out there are all kinds of drilling sites in the area. Now to find someone interested in my location.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.