How to get help on ownership percentage

I inheritated oil gas and minerals from my dad which passed away in 1994 . They went to my mom who passed away in 2017 . I started looking through these papers and noticed that my dad had is moms percentage on his lease as well as his but when my mom got the percentahe it didnt transfer over. So what needs to be done to get this corrected?

This is more of a legal question. I would suggest repost it in the State and County in which is pertains and someone with legal expertise may be able to comment. Each state has its own laws. If there was a will, it is fairly simple. If no will, then may need a bit more work. Also clarify if you are talking about a lease or a deed.

I have never seen the deed . I have a lease . I started going through papers and found old leases that have percentages on them . I guess the question would be who would I talk to about finding exactly what I have ? From what i have read the oil is on restriced indian land I live in Oregon and the oil is in hughes county .Oklahoma . Would I need an attorney?

If you are talking about a lease and you see a fraction on it such as 3/16th, that is the royalty that goes with that lease. That does not give you the division order decimal. If you are seeing a fraction in the description of the minerals near the very top, then that fraction is more useful.

The first place that you can look is at www.okcountyrecords.com Look up your dad’s name, your mom’s name and your name, maybe even a grandparent name. They have digital records back to the early 90’s for some counties and that may get you started. Make a list of the leases you have and the section, townshp and range descriptions and see if you can match against the lists posted in the okcounty records. You many find more.
You can contact the company that leased (stated at the top) and ask them how many acres you have. You have the legal description from the lease, but it may not have the net acres, which is what you need.
You may need to contact the Bureau of Indian affairs.
Come back and ask more questions.

Thank you, I have so many questions . I also need.to know do I need to file affidavit of heir ship with oklahoma? I filed one with sunoco but I’m not sure if I was suspose to file one with the state. And do I file one with BIA ?My dad never told me or my mom how to handle legal issues. Im learning as I go . From what I see I need a lawyer. We have never gotten paid for minerals. Oil royalty isn’t even 100 bucks. Never seen no gas royalty either and that’s in the lease. No one has ever contacted us about minerals . I’m not sure even what I have! I have no clue who I need to talk to. I can’t afford lawyer. I live in Portland Oregon . My father’s. Will is probated in Oregon he died over 20 years ago, I know my mom didn’t file nothing with the state of oklahoma she sent it to the oil company at that time. My mom died a year ago she left a will I can’t afford to probate it. My Grandma probatecase is at the national archives in Seattle Washington . She got the oil and land from my grandpa who was Seminole on the Dawes roll . I’ve had to pay just toget what I have now. Which dates back to 1936. So would I need to also contact the Five Civlized Tribes or department of interior since I think it’s on restricted indian land ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.