How To Find Total Acreage In Drill Unit in Williams County, ND

How can I find the total surface acreage in the drill unit Sections 6 and 7 Township 154N Range 101W in Williams County North Dakota.

I know that a two section drill unit usually consist of 1280 acres but is that true in all cases or are there slight variations of this that will effect Division Order decimal interest?

buddy cotton can usually help on these question he is a member and is found on the fayette county tx group

Bill:

The most common drilling units is the 1280 spacing involving two sections. There are some variations in spacing unit size, for example, the sections bordering MT are much smaller than other sections and will be drilled on a 640 spacing unit. There has also been talk of spacing units with more than 1280 spacing. Your best bet is to watch the permit application for your area and then you will know for sure. I have minerals in one of these border sections which is smaller than others and I obtained this spacing information from Mr. Helms who is the Director of the NDIC.

Not true; all of my mineral rights are in Montana, and all of Roosevelt county,Richland county and most other areas near the Bakken are ALL 1280 spacing. there are NO 640's. For a way to compute approximate income from a well, use the formula on this link provided by Mantra where an acquantance of mine works!!

http://www.mantralandservices.com/PageDisplay.asp?p1=3655

Dctex99:

I was not referring to the sections on the MT side, only the ND side. My minerals on the ND side is located in Williams County, T157;R103W;Section 31 which is a border section and substantially smaller (refer to map on the NDIC website). I contacted Mr. Lynn Helms, Director of NDIC, and he stated the sections 30-31 are a 640 drilling unit approved for one horizontal well. He also stated that there are 5 more drilling units like this to the North (on the ND side). I also have minerals in other areas of Williams County which are located on 1280 drilling units as well as Roosevelt County near the ND border. Thus far, all drilling activity on my minerals have been in ND but hoping for some future action in Roosevelt.

Dctex99 said:

Not true; all of my mineral rights are in Montana, and all of Roosevelt county,Richland county and most other areas near the Bakken are ALL 1280 spacing. there are NO 640's. For a way to compute approximate income from a well, use the formula on this link provided by Mantra where an acquantance of mine works!!

http://www.mantralandservices.com/PageDisplay.asp?p1=3655

ok, sorry; Yes, alot of drilling in Roosevelt county of highway 2; the HAWKINS 29-32 commenced drilling today after set-up over the weekend, and 2 more are padded and waiting for drill rigs closeby; the Ross and Nelson wells!!

Dctex99:

Good news on the drilling info for Roosevelt County. I'm hoping to see some widespread drilling over the next year in this county as well as Richland and Sheridan counties. Lots of mineral acres nearing expiration next year so this get interesting. Good luck on your wells.

Dctex99 said:

ok, sorry; Yes, alot of drilling in Roosevelt county of highway 2; the HAWKINS 29-32 commenced drilling today after set-up over the weekend, and 2 more are padded and waiting for drill rigs closeby; the Ross and Nelson wells!!

Hey,good News on the “Hawkins” getting started…lets hope for great results!!

Dctex99 said:

so the nelson has a pad? do you think time will run out on the permit the temp space expires in march

Dctex99 said:

I kind of think that will be drilled next after the Hawkins 29-32 as I just confirmed that the ROSS well does NOT have a pad. I think they can easily extend the spacing anyway, no matter what they decide!!

Dctex99:

I have a basic question about Roosevelt County wells that you can probably answer. What % of the wells being drilled in the Eastern Montana area are Bakken horizontal wells? Looking at the permits from the Montana O&G, it appears several are targeting other formations.

Dctex99 said:

I kind of think that will be drilled next after the Hawkins 29-32 as I just confirmed that the ROSS well does NOT have a pad. I think they can easily extend the spacing anyway, no matter what they decide!!

I would say 95% are bakken wells. There are always a few re-doing verticals or doing a vertical going after a gas deposit. Most of our Bakken are Three Forks, but other levels of oil in the shale will be drilled as they are being now in ND eventually!

Dctex99:

Thanks for the information. All of my attention has been in ND since not much activity in my area in Montana last year. Hope things are fixing to change in Montana.

Dctex99 said:

I would say 95% are bakken wells. There are always a few re-doing verticals or doing a vertical going after a gas deposit. Most of our Bakken are Three Forks, but other levels of oil in the shale will be drilled as they are being now in ND eventually!

http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/article_e02232bb-528d-5944-9d97-74e821d4c946.html?oCampaign=hottopics

Great article on oil in ND & MT; amazing that Continental has 901,000 mineral acres under lease.......

Dctex99:

Great article!! Sounds like the movement West has already started. Can you imagine the number of new leases and top leases which is about to occur in Eastern Montana as there is no way some of these expiring leases can be drilled prior to expiration dates. This is where we may see the big fish eating the little fish in 2012 and 2013.

Dctex99 said:

http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/article_e02232bb-528d-5944-9d...

Great article on oil in ND & MT; amazing that Continental has 901,000 mineral acres under lease.......