How to find out the names of wells

Hello to all,

When I go to the map on the Montana Board of Oil and Gas site...and zoom in on Roosevelt County, I can see the wells on the map...along with the line that indicates the location of the horizontal portion served by each particular well. However, is there a way to find out the NAMES of these wells so I can check the production of them to compare with the wells in our sections in Roosevelt County.

My guess is...this is probably a simple task, but I thought I would ask the question before I started playing around more in the site.

THANKS to all...

Dave

David:

When using the GIS map on the MT Oil & Gas website; click on the individual well (which is indicated by the black dot). The information about the well (operator name/lease name, etc) should appear at the bottom of the page. You can also click on "production info" in this same screen for current production info.

I have tried that...but tried it again...and all it does for me in zoom in closer...without giving me any additional information. Perhaps there is a button that needs to be pushed??

David:

Sorry about that as I forgot to mention one additional procedure. At the top of the page, you are currently zooming in on the wells by using the icon with the magnifying glass with a "plus" sign in the center. Once you have zoomed in and found the well, move the cursor to the icon with the "i" surrounded by black. Click on this icon and then click on the well or wells of your choice. This will display the info you are looking for. Where are your minerals in Roosevelt? I am in T30N;R59E;Sections 6 & 7 and T30N;R58E;Sections 1 & 12. My lease will be expiring the first of next year and I will soon begin to focus on the current status of leasing in this area.