How to find out about mineral rights on my land

I inherited land in Converse County Wyoming from my grandmother but not mineral rights. I live in Wisconsin and am trying to find out who owns the mineral rights to my land, if there is any economic development and activity in the area, and is there a lawyer or real estate person someone can recommend. Thank you

Hi @karen_fulbright-anderson, you would have to search the Converse County Wyoming records to determine how the other interests in your area are owned. There is an on-line subscription service at: https://www.conversecountywy.gov/372/iDoc-Market

You can see if there is oil and gas activity in your area with the wyoming oil and gas gis maps at: Wyoming1_oilgas or at Wyoming2_oilgas.

If the on-line search isn’t sufficient, you can visit the county office, or hire a local landman or title company to search the county records for you. Unlike the GIS maps above, these services do cost something to use and can get expensive if you have to do repeated searches.

1 Like

Hi Pete, thank you so much for this very helpful information! Have a great weekend. Karen

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.