How to FInd Names of Owners of Mineral Rights

According to my mother's will I inherited mineral rights on SW 1/4 of Section 184, Block 3, H&TC RRC in Fisher County, TX, abstracts 1644 and 1645 and maybe abstracts 1677 and 1055. I have not been able to find out anything about this property other than the description of the location. What do I do to find who is listed as the most recent person(s) leasing the property mineral rights to a company? How would I find out what royalties my mother was receiving if any? I don't know if she ever did the necessary paperwork to show her as an owner. Thanks !

Verda

Sounds like you need to initially contact the county clerk and do some research as to chain of title and leases filed on this acreage.

May be best to contact a land broker to do this

Thanks!

Przzz said:

Sounds like you need to initially contact the county clerk and do some research as to chain of title and leases filed on this acreage.

May be best to contact a land broker to do this

Not sure about Fisher County but you could also check with an abstract company to specifically review that section and it will give you the information you need. Check that county if there is an abstract company or it could be that they use Nolan county abstract companies.

I looked up this tract (section 3 Block 184) on DrillingInfo.com (I have a subscription) and picked up some leasing activity over past 60 months. Appears that there has been activity.

Note the Smith Energy and Gunn Oil references. Appears that Smith Energy originally leased the two 320 acre tracts (perhaps as lease broker) and then Gunn Oil extended the leases.

These two 320 acre leases cover Abstracts 1644 & 1645.

Gunn's address is listed below:

GUNN OIL COMPANY PO BOX 97508 WICHITA FALLS, TX 76307

DrillingInfo shows no permits in this entire block (184) since 2008.

Hope this helps

2552-FisherCoBlock3Section184Leasingpast60months.pdf (547 KB) 2553-FisherCoBlock3Section184Leasingpast60monthsListing.pdf (2.94 KB)

Thank you for the information. It's amazing what everyone is doing to help other members! This has been a great group to belong to! Verda

Przzz said:

I looked up this tract (section 3 Block 184) on DrillingInfo.com (I have a subscription) and picked up some leasing activity over past 60 months. Appears that there has been activity.

Note the Smith Energy and Gunn Oil references. Appears that Smith Energy originally leased the two 320 acre tracts (perhaps as lease broker) and then Gunn Oil extended the leases.

These two 320 acre leases cover Abstracts 1644 & 1645.

Gunn's address is listed below:

GUNN OIL COMPANY PO BOX 97508 WICHITA FALLS, TX 76307

DrillingInfo shows no permits in this entire block (184) since 2008.

Hope this helps