How to find activity?

Recently inherited an interest in Sec 4 T7N R4E (S/2 SE/4 & NE/4 NW/4). Is there a way to look up activity in an area - for this in particular, but for other locations in general?
Also, how can I find out if the property has a current lease? Thank you!

There are several good online resources. Your first stop is at the Oklahoma Corporation Commission. Their well records site lists an paperwork that goes with a well-permit, spud, completion, plugging, etc. The wells are listed by surface location so you might have to look in a nearby section to get information on yours. Use leading zeros in the location box. 0407N04E Test You do have wells in your section.

The next useful location is the OK Tax Gross Production site. Gross Production Sometimes wells are listed by their bottom hole location and sometimes by surface. Not sure about that logic. Wells that are on the tax roles will be listed there.

Most OK counties can be found on www.okcountyrecords.com, but Pottawatomie has a different link. Real Property Official Records Search They have lease records back to about 1991 or so depending upon the county.

1 Like

For Pottowotomie County I find the following to be useful. Real Property Official Records Search

This is apparently the same link Ms. Barnes included as “Real Property Official Records Search”. You can search for active leases by location, name, address, etc.

1 Like

4 active wells in your section; S2 SE appears to be not available to lease. NE NW is likely open to lease. However, there hasn’t been any recent regulatory activity in Pottowatomie so now is not the time to lease if you’re looking to receive top dollar.

1 Like

We own elsewhere in Pottawatomie County (18-6N-5E), but your statement would appear to apply to us. However, I don’t understand what you mean here. Could you explain this a little further, please?

Maybe the issue is that I’m not sure what “regulatory activity” might mean. To me, it means changes in government policy, but upon reflection you may just mean activity that’s required to be reported to the regulatory agency. Even so, though, I’d appreciate your connecting the dots here, if you would. Obviously, we might get more on a lease if there’s a lot going on, but if there isn’t, I’m not sure we can make any prediction about the value of our mineral rights going up or down in the near future.

Rudy- there is no leasing activity or well proposals in Pott county at this time. Nobody knows what the future may hold.

In this context “regulatory activity” means the cases that are required to go before the OK Corporation Commission which controls all oil and gas activity. Examples would be spacing, drilling permission, location exceptions, poolings, allowables, etc.

Your particular section has not had any activity in a long time. It had several dry holes a long time ago and one well that produced for just a few years back in the 90’s for a very small amount of oil.

Thanks, Todd & Martha.