How to Determine What Mineral Rights I Own

I apparently have in Eddy County, NM SEC 34, T22S, R27E. I have called the operator of the land, which has wells, for more information, to no avail. These are basic questions, but I could really use the help:

1. how do I access documentation that I have this land?
  2. should i have been receiving royalties from the operator for the past 11 years?
  3. should I sell or lease the mineral rights?
  4. amount I should expect in either scenario?
  5. how to proceed?
  6. is it a good idea to have an attorney involved?

Thank you.

1. Documentation should be at the county courthouse-could be deeds, probated wills, leases, etc. Contact the Division Order analyst at the operator and be a bit patient. Covid 19 has a lot of folks working from home and things are slow.
  2. You would only receive royalties if there are perforations under your holdings if you have clear title. If you just inherited, then you need to as questions to the executor.
  3. Only you can decide that answer, but get information on the value of any production or future production.
  4. Can’t answer that as I am not familiar with New Mexico values.
  5. Start with #1 and #2 first.
  6. Get professional help when leasing or selling. The directory above has quite a few names that may be helpful.

It would be better if you post your questions in the New Mexico, Eddy County area on the forum as New Mexico folks will be looking there. This category is too general.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.