How to determine prior or current activity in a specified property in a distant Texas county

Have the legal land descriptions of inherited mineral rights in several Texas counties.

How best to determine whether prior or current oil activity on described properties?

The best way is to have a professional check it out for you.

A do it yourself way is to go the Railroad Commission of Texas well search website and try your hand at it.

Hey, Horace -

If it’s not too many tracts, send me the legal descriptions and I’ll take a quick online look at the areas for you.

That may help you determine whether you need to hire someone to research the lands more thoroughly or not.

Charles Tooke

fieldlandservices@gmail.com

Thank you, 1 track each in Borden Co and in Stephens Co. Borden: NE/4 Sec 3 Blk 25 H&C Ry Co Survey Stephens Co. N/2 SW/4 Sec 14 Blk 6, Abs 2666 T&P Ry Survey, 80 ac Horace

Charles Emery Tooke III said:

Hey, Horace -

If it’s not too many tracts, send me the legal descriptions and I’ll take a quick online look at the areas for you.

That may help you determine whether you need to hire someone to research the lands more thoroughly or not.

Charles Tooke

Thank you. That’s an interesting site. Horace

Buddy Cotten said:

The best way is to have a professional check it out for you.

A do it yourself way is to go the Railroad Commission of Texas well search website and try your hand at it.

A link to the search page is here.

http://gis2.rrc.state.tx.us/public/?

Best,

Buddy Cotten
www.cottenoilproperties.com

Horace -

I need you to check your legal description for your Borden County properties. There is no Section 3 in Block 25. Could you have missed a digit in there somewhere?

Charles Tooke fieldlandservices@gmail.com

Horace Hamilton said:

Thank you, 1 track each in Borden Co and in Stephens Co.
Borden: NE/4 Sec 3 Blk 25 H&C Ry Co Survey
Stephens Co. N/2 SW/4 Sec 14 Blk 6, Abs 2666 T&P Ry Survey, 80 ac
Horace

Hey, Horace -

Charles Tooke

Horace -

Attached is PDF zip file of information on your Stephens County property.

It appears you may be in luck! Petroleum Exploration Company, Ltd. (PETEX) out of Breckenridge, Tx has several producing gas wells in the area around your land - at least one of which may include your land.

I am not able to determine that from what I was able to gather online, but if you give PETEX a call, I’m sure someone with their Land Department will be happy to help you. Their contact information is at the top of the Price Data sheet - the last file (08) attached.

If you are included in any of their wells, you will may have to contact the companies buying the products and send them certified copies of whatever documens vested title to the interest(s) into you. Contact information for SUNOCO and TARGA is also at the top of file 08.

And don’t forget to check your legal description on the Borden County property - I can’t look anything up without it.

Hope this helps!

Charles

Horace -

I need you to check your legal description for your Borden County properties. There is no Section 3 in Block 25. Could you have missed a digit in there somewhere?

Charles Tooke

Horace Hamilton said:
Thank you, 1 track each in Borden Co and in Stephens Co.
Borden: NE/4 Sec 3 Blk 25 H&C Ry Co Survey
Stephens Co. N/2 SW/4 Sec 14 Blk 6, Abs 2666 T&P Ry Survey, 80 ac
Horace

Hey, Horace -

Charles Tooke

3053-STEPHENSCOUNTY.zip (267 KB)

Thank you. Going back to the original royalty deed, I see it was Sec 43 Blk 25, H & TC Ry Co. Survey (for Houston & Texas Central Railway). Horace