How to cure title

Based on documents I have received, it seems Coronado has finalized plans for a well in Carter Co, section 12, Township 4 South, Range 1 East. My name shows up on Exhibit A in two places and I have been receiving documents addressed to my mom who died in 2012. I have gone to the county clerk’s office and they say transfer filed properly. In one section I am listed as a “respondent pooled for curative purposes.” Yesterday I received a call from representative wanting to lease. Will others be offering leases? Not sure how to cure the title.

Toddco and Coronado are both leasing in that section.

Contact the operator listed on the OCC documents and send them a copy of your recorded transfer documents to your name.
ASAP!!

You may have missed the pooling order. I see one dated 6/26/06. You only had 20 days in which to answer. You may have been assigned the lowest royalty. Case 2026-000435.

1 Like

Thank you so much, Martha. I did call Charney Brown and the Coronado/scissortail. CB said to contact Coronado…I called and left messages. Never an answer and sent an email inquiry, but no reply. I would imagine the 20 days you mentioned has already passed. I was getting mailings about this for over a year probably…mostly about continuance…and not paying enough attention. If you ever decide to offer a “class” or whatever type of educational opportunity for mineral owners, I’d love to enroll. Thank you for helping us in this forum.

I am hosting a town hall in Dallas on Aug 29 at the Audelia library extension of the Dallas Public Library. See the posting on the Oklahoma Mineral Rights topic area. I also give town halls and teach through NARO, the National Association of Royalty Owners. Members can see OK updates and lectures through our webinar library.

1 Like

If this is in Oklahoma a summary probate would be the cleanest solution. Usually requires only 60-75 days from filing to completion. Attorneys can handle without the need for client appearance in most instances.

Notice: Informational only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by this post. I am an Oklahoma-licensed attorney, but this is not legal advice. Do not share confidential facts in this public space.

Oil and gas company In coal county stopped payment for entire family after they took over from Rad Oak Energy. Uncles and cousins and father had been getting paid for their shares. I went to prove heirship after my father passes and for some reason it sent up a red Flagg and now no one is getting paid. They said the land ownership or original land deed/ purchase was never filed by anyone claiming ownership. Everyone who was getting paid had already filed their heirship affidavits with the courts. So why would all of a sudden, the company say, wait, no one who’s been getting paid has actually provided any death certificates; marriage certificates, land deeds, last will and testament’s; etc.. If this is what is required to get paid for shares you are a rightful heir to, then why wasn’t any of those documents asked for to begin with??

Canyon creek is also saying that there is a trust deed tied up and to have them release it but Sinclair was in a law suit and illegally added the name of someone who emailed me and said he never gave his permission. How do I fight this? I can’t afford an attorney

Martha…I finally heard back from Coronado/Scissortail. They say I am an unleased owner and due a bonus through the pooling order. They said to email a w-9. I have also received a lease from True North. I have nothing in writing from Coronado and don’t really know how to proceed. The bonus was $150 on pooling and $300 from True North, but I realize that’s not the most important thing. Any advice on how to proceed? The TN lease must be returned by 9-22. Thank you so much.