How to correct legal description (meridian) on a Mineral Deed

I just noticed on a Pottawatomie County Mineral Deed prepared by an attorney, way back in 2005, that the legal description says “Cimarron Meridian” although the Court’s “Order Allowing Final Account” specified “Indian Meridian.” Is that a problem, and if so, what is the easiest (and least expensive) way to correct it?

2 Likes

Pottawatomie is definitely in Indian Meridian. Maybe one of the attorneys can speak to this. Should be fairly easy.

1 Like

Questions:

-Did you just notice or is somebody making this a requirement? -If someone is making this a requirement did they suggest that the correction be in a particular form? -If this is a simple mistake an affidavit should be sufficient for most title examiners.

I just noticed when going through my files and would like to go ahead and correct it. I am inexperienced with this. I would like to just have the deed itself corrected so that it shows the proper meridian. Can I just submit a corrected copy of it with some sort of affidavit? Is there a special affidavit form I should use, or do I just write a letter and file it with the county? Do I need to have it notarized or include the original “Order Allowing Final Account” as proof or anything? I very much appreciate any advice!

Sorry, can’t really provide legal advice in a forum setting, Any attorney would want to review the documents. However, this sounds like a fairly easy and inexpensive remedy is available.

1 Like