How to Change Mineral Interest Ownership on Inherited Property in Lea County NM

My aunt passed away in 2018. She was a resident of Houston, TX and her will was probated in the Harris County Probate Court. I was told that I would have to probate my aunt’s will in Lea County in order to legally change ownership. Does anyone in the forum know if this is true? Thank you in advance.

It’s referred to as an ancillary probate. Googling that term should provide the information you’re looking for.

Best of luck

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.