How many wells in a section

It looks like Devon is getting ready to drill at least 3 wells in Sec 35, T13N, R9W Canadian County, Oklahoma. Is this happening in other places in the Cana? How many wells can they drill in each section? Does anyone out there own the minerals in this section? http://www.occpermit.com/WellBrowse/Webforms/WellSearchResults.aspx

Gary I have been told they can drill up to 6 horizonal wells in a section. If you look at Continental Resources site they have a Ecco Rig that is one wheels and can slide over to drill several horizonal wells with the same rig. I was told in April by a Continental employee at our well they might be bringing one of those rigs down from the Braaken up North to Dewey county. I believe the companies are trying to get at least one well drilled in each section so that the can hold the lease before they come back and drill other wells. I imagine price of gas will determine how fast they do. It would be great to have 6 wells in a section. Larry

Gary, you had me excited for a minute. We have sec 35, 13n, 10w. We have been trying to find out when they are going to drill. Does anyone know about our land?

They have also increased the density in Section 23-14N-10W to four wells according to spacing order #582869.

Where can I find spacing orders?

It can be difficult. I found this one on the Completion report on the Oklahoma Corporation Commissions Website.

Here's a link to the search for spacing orders:

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx

Unfortunately, you cannot search by section/township/range.

You have to enter the spacing order number or a date range, etc.

If you put an a spacing order #, such as 582869, you can see the results.

Darrin,

You also have interest in 29 14N 9W, I talked to Devon and they told me that they are definitely planning to drill more wells in all those sections. How can we find out if a spacing order has changed? Or do we just have to wait?

Thanks!

Darrin Bailey said:

It can be difficult. I found this one on the Completion report on the Oklahoma Corporation Commissions Website.

Just have to wait. We have not received a notice of hearing. An individual from Devon told me that they are planning on drilling 8 wells in that section

It will be done over several years.

Thanks again Gents!

I own minerals in sec 35/13/9 and was rereading the increased density paperwork i received from january of this year (i did not understand it at that time) , it indicates 9 wells and there may still be minerals left even after the 9 wells are drilled. I only really know of one well that is underway, it was "spud"? on july 7....someone mentioned in another discussion that some of the wells for this section had the hole started in another section...i also have minerals in 3/12/09 with a producing well....i saw an intent to drill in sec 2/12/9 and the name of well was miller....same name as the well in section 35/13/09 i think ..how do they name wells? by surface land owner? i only own minerals, no land, just curious. Anyone have updated info on these sections? Thanks

Cheryl, I was just in the Calumet area and they have drilled one well into section 35 and are drilling two more. The well that is drilled is not producing yet, I don't even think it is fracked yet. The wellhead for the well that is drilled is on section 35 the other two have the wellhead on secton 2 12 9. There are also location for two more wells on section 2 that will be drilled horizonally into section 35. There is also one horizonal well in section 2,12,9 (the wellhead is on section 35) and that well is producing and has been for several months now. The well that is drilled into section 2 is the Miller 1-2H, the wells drilled into section 35 are called Miller 1-35H, 2-35H and so on. And yes the wells are usually named after the landwoner.

cheryl said:

I own minerals in sec 35/13/9 and was rereading the increased density paperwork i received from january of this year (i did not understand it at that time) , it indicates 9 wells and there may still be minerals left even after the 9 wells are drilled. I only really know of one well that is underway, it was "spud"? on july 7....someone mentioned in another discussion that some of the wells for this section had the hole started in another section...i also have minerals in 3/12/09 with a producing well....i saw an intent to drill in sec 2/12/9 and the name of well was miller....same name as the well in section 35/13/09 i think ..how do they name wells? by surface land owner? i only own minerals, no land, just curious. Anyone have updated info on these sections? Thanks

Francis, Go to www.occeweb.com on the main page click divisions, oil and gas, databases. This will take you to the instructions for accessing the databases. The database you want is "Case Processing Web Application". This will give you status of spacing, pooling etc. applications and final orders. It can be very tedious and time consuming but its the only way I know to get up to date information. Yesterday I was able to view my sections pooling order on the same day it was signed by the commission. I was able to print a copy of the order before it was mailed out. If you dont't want to go thru all that give me your section info and I can look it up for you. I'm not sure if additional wells go on the spacing order. I'm thinking it probably would be an increased density order.

Francis said:

Thank you Gary for the info. It is really great to know what is going on up there in Oklahoma. With the other well, I had no clue til a division order came in the mail (nice surprise I must say)…now I guess I know why offers to purchase are starting up again. I guess some of my relatives must still own the land since Miller was my grandpa’s name. Thanks again

Gary said:

Cheryl, I was just in the Calumet area and they have drilled one well into section 35 and are drilling two more. The well that is drilled is not producing yet, I don't even think it is fracked yet. The wellhead for the well that is drilled is on section 35 the other two have the wellhead on secton 2 12 9. There are also location for two more wells on section 2 that will be drilled horizonally into section 35. There is also one horizonal well in section 2,12,9 (the wellhead is on section 35) and that well is producing and has been for several months now. The well that is drilled into section 2 is the Miller 1-2H, the wells drilled into section 35 are called Miller 1-35H, 2-35H and so on. And yes the wells are usually named after the landwoner.

cheryl said:

I don’t know how may acres you own in section 35, but you should be recieving big checks within the next year, so when you recieve the offers to sale, DON’T SELL. By the way, my wife’s grandmother sold one of her farms to a Clyde Miller many years ago. Her farm was just two miles west in section 33 13 9.

cheryl said:

Thank you Gary for the info. It is really great to know what is going on up there in Oklahoma. With the other well, I had no clue til a division order came in the mail (nice surprise I must say)...now I guess I know why offers to purchase are starting up again. I guess some of my relatives must still own the land since Miller was my grandpa's name. Thanks again

Gary said:

cheryl said:

thanks again Gary, I definitely will not sell and I will update my cousin in California about everything, I doubt he would sell anyway…looking to retire next year and any amount of money would be great…and I remember a Clyde Miller, was never sure if he was a relative or not…my grandpa was Bruce Miller

Gary said:

I don't know how may acres you own in section 35, but you should be recieving big checks within the next year, so when you recieve the offers to sale, DON'T SELL. By the way, my wife's grandmother sold one of her farms to a Clyde Miller many years ago. Her farm was just two miles west in section 33 13 9.

cheryl said:
Thank you Gary for the info. It is really great to know what is going on up there in Oklahoma. With the other well, I had no clue til a division order came in the mail (nice surprise I must say)...now I guess I know why offers to purchase are starting up again. I guess some of my relatives must still own the land since Miller was my grandpa's name. Thanks again

Gary said:

cheryl said:

Michael, I tried to use this site but for some reason it crashes the page. My section is 29 14N 9W. Thanks!

Michael Hutchison said:

Francis, Go to www.occeweb.com on the main page click divisions, oil and gas, databases. This will take you to the instructions for accessing the databases. The database you want is "Case Processing Web Application". This will give you status of spacing, pooling etc. applications and final orders. It can be very tedious and time consuming but its the only way I know to get up to date information. Yesterday I was able to view my sections pooling order on the same day it was signed by the commission. I was able to print a copy of the order before it was mailed out. If you dont't want to go thru all that give me your section info and I can look it up for you. I'm not sure if additional wells go on the spacing order. I'm thinking it probably would be an increased density order.

Francis said:

Francis, I found orders for Spacing #570937, Pooling #578128, Location Exception #578520. Now you can go to http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx and enter order numbers and click "search". You can search only one order at a time. Scroll down to the document list and click ID#. You should now be able to view the orders. I didn't see any orders for Increased Density. The database application is really tempermental. It takes some tinkering to get it to work without crashing. I hope this helps.

Francis said:

Michael, I tried to use this site but for some reason it crashes the page. My section is 29 14N 9W. Thanks!

Michael Hutchison said:

Francis said:

Thanks Michael!