How many wells drilled?

my research shows there is little activity in this part of New Mexico, can anyone shed light on how many wells have been drilled in past year or two?

thx in advance, jimw

Map shows all wells spud in the last 2 years. Tract in yellow. Nothing near there.

This is another way to look at it. Blue dots are existing production. Orange pies (circled in red) are leases in the past 12 months. Yellow diamonds (circled in teal) are drilling permits. You’re currently in a dead-zone. Hopefully that will change in the future.

the maps are very interesting. would you please share the sources? even if it requires some costs that can be valuable info. i assume that the property is right on the border with tx

I subscribe to Enverus (formerly Drilling Info). If you only need one county it can be very reasonable. I need the whole country and pay about $20,000 (ouch).

1 Like

A few years ago Drilling Info was offering a free 1-county subscription to NARO members. Don’t know if it still does.

Section 5 to your East is on the Gaines County, TX line.

I own 160 acres in T17S R39E that like yours is in a production wasteland.

Is this in the Hobbs area?

Hobbs is approximately the southerly part of Sec 34 in 18-38.

Hobbs is north of these minerals

Go SOUTH on HWY 18 out of Hobbs for about five miles - I think its that far south on the east side of HWY 18…

we’ve made that drive numerous time in the past six/seven years…

we are currently living in San Angelo, Tx - caring for my 95 year old Mom…

Donald Skotty, we seem to have the same problem?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.