How long before they show productions on a well in Montana?

I have interest on an Oasis well in Roosevelt county 29-59-30. The well was spudded 9/6/2012, how long before I see production numbers on the DNRC website. Also how long until we see some revenue? I know ND is 6 months on the confidential list and then your money gets 18% interest on top after the 6 months.

I see Oasis is doing alot in Roosevelt area. Anyone have some feedback on their wells? Good or bad I would like to hear any info you have.

Thank you,

Kevin

I don't know

Kevin, ND is actually 150 days after first sales that you are supposed to be paid or interest accrues, if you have great title. If I drilled a well in ND and wanted to keep it confidential as long as possible, I would never request confidential status. Since all permits in ND are confidential, the actual 6 month confidential period doesn't start until the operator requests it. If you paid everyone like you are supposed to so nobody complained, your well could remain confidential for a long time before the state noticed. I have also seen where operators didn't send in any paperwork and then requested confidential status when they fracked the well.

Oasis has drilled some good Bakken wells in the area, not monsters but solid wells. The area also looks to have Ratcliff production so you might have that to look forward to in the future. I have no idea when Montana grants confidential status. I think you will probably know something in 9 to 12 months. I wish I could pin it down better than that but we don't even know if the well is fracked yet. The Montana DNRC O&G Division Web Mapper is fairly easy to use and gives alot of information. It's free and probably the best way to keep track of what is going on, short of being there to observe for yourself.

Kevin, I am interested how you received your interest in the well. FYI…the well is fracked and the production crew should be there now…dt

Oasis has 4 producing wells in our sections. For the first well, we started receiving royalty checks about 5 months after spudding. For the 2nd and 3rd well...it was between 5-7 months. For the 4th well...that well had LOTS of problems...and it took 12 months after it was spudded to start producing...once it starting producing, we received a royalty check about 3 months later. This is our experience with Oasis.

My question is...we have a well that spudded in mid-December with XTO petroleum. Anyone have a history with them in terms of how they operate, etc...

Thanks..

Dave

Sorry Dave...My interest is in 29-59-31. It is spaced with 30. Did they have problems with that well or did it take some time to get a frac crew? Kevin

Dalton Tininenko said:

Kevin, I am interested how you received your interest in the well. FYI..the well is fracked and the production crew should be there now....dt

Kevin said:

Sorry Dave...My interest is in 29-59-31. It is spaced with 30. Did they have problems with that well or did it take some time to get a frac crew? Kevin

Dalton Tininenko said:

Kevin, I am interested how you received your interest in the well. FYI..the well is fracked and the production crew should be there now....dt

Dave here again,

Our interests are in 28-58 with Oasis...and I don't have the particular sections with me...so I do not know about wells in 29-59...but simply suggesting that the well that struggled to get finished (leakage in the well casings) took over 12 months from when it was spudded to when it started producing. They actually were close to abandoning this well and starting all over...

blessings

Kevin…Oasis runs mainly their own frac crew…they were drilling 4 other wells adjacent to this one for efficiency. This then led them to frac and bring to production all the wells without having to move very far. I suspect that as they develop this field they will also begin infill wells. I have interests in both 30 and 31. Which quarter section did you buy your minerals? Just curious as am trying to keep up with all mineral owners for communication purposes…dt