How leave contact info?

In 1929 my grandparents sold 150 acres (more or less) in the area of Cisco, Eastland County, Texas. My grandparents retained one-half interest in the mineral rights. My question is, how do I leave contact information with the county so that a landman searching the records would know who to contact. Recently while going through my mother's papers I discovered wills, deeds and other papers concerning this property.

Fill out an affidavit of heirship with that county

If you simply want to file "contact information" so you can be contacted then a simple "affidavit of address" filed with the county clerk would be sufficient. You'd want to include your grandparent's names as well as your own as grantors so that people searching would find their names as well as yours.

Hope this helps you out.

Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL

Manager: The Mineral Hub

You will also want to make sure that all the documents you mentioned are on file in Eastland County.

Forrest, You need to record in the county deed records the documents showing how the minerals passed from the grandparents to the current heirs. If there were probated wills, you record exemplified copies of the probate papers. If there were no wills, you can use an affidavit of heirship. There are also some other options, if a probate is still active. If the minerals went into a trust, it gets a little more complicated.

Many thanks to those who replied to my question. Is there someone near the county clerk's office who performs such services? We are in Oregon, so contact info would be appreciated.