How do you verify Ownership rights on Public or Private Land?

Is there an easy way to confirm whether you ownership rights are within private or federal ? I was assuming they were privately owned but was questioning this with new ban on federal property.

I might be misunderstanding your question, but if you own them and you are a private citizen, then the minerals are private and not federal.

You can always look up the location on these maps and see what else is around you:

Oklahoma Federal Lands Map

Oklahoma GIS Map https://okmaps.org/OGI/search.aspx

There is not much federal mineral land in OK. They do control some surface acres. See the good maps above. However, there is a good bit of mineral acreage that is tied up with older Native American grants and have to go through the Bureau of Indian affairs for certain approvals.

I agree with Tracy & Martha. The only Federal Lands in Oklahoma controlled by the BLM that I have run across in 35 years of land title is with “navigable” river lands. Examples would be North & South Canadian Rivers, Red River, Illinois River. There are others.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.