How do you respond to an "offer"

First of all I suck at wheeling and dealing - even after going through about 30 cars in my 31 years of marriage. But The Texas Resources Group has made an offer for my mom’s 25% mineral interests in a section and a half near Toyah. My cousin, who has 50% interests, has handled all of dealings with Apache when it came to getting us from barren landscape to 6 wells. But my question is what is there to discuss other than dollars and cents when considering the selling of your mineral interests. The initial offer is not viewed as OK and probably not even half or a third of what I would expect to be reasonable. However, we are also not looking forward to “splitting” up her percentage among the three brothers at some point. So the idea of liquidating has some merit. Also, while we have seen an uptick in royalties the last two months, they are not that impressive. Of course the political landscape has to be considered as well. Even my cousin has expressed an interest in liquidating as well. But he has much higher expectations.

1 Like

f100owner, My company also received a “Collection Item” in a certain amount (too low) from Texas Resources Group as well as a prepared Mineral and Royalty Deed. If your family decides to proceed forward, review the language in the Deed. The prepared Deed (that only needs my signature and notary) contains “Coverall” language; meaning, that I, as Grantor, also agree to convey not only the described lands, but any and all of the Oil, Gas and other mineral interest of every kind in this particular Deed.

Good Luck! Kimm

1 Like

I really doubt the Texas Resources Group is your huckleberry for selling. They are just running through tax rolls and making some offer for X months of current revenue. Looking to steal. Mass mailers. Our family office received an offer from them that was amusingly low.

Depending on the size of your holdings, you can probably find somebody here who would help you market it to a bigger audience. Or use EnergyNet. Particularly if you have a sizable amount of current established production/wells.

1 Like

Be very careful of offers that have a “check” at the bottom or want to convey “all your Oil, gas and other mineral interest”. Those can be very devious in wording.

2 Likes

I know you ladies are right this is embarrassing but I was innocent of the charges so anyway I barely can operate these new phones I was locked up in a Texas prison for close to 16 years from 2001 to middle of 2017 so I’m really have tried to do what u say it took me an hour and a half to do this but I’ll keep trying but don’t think I’m not taking your advice if I’m slow but I do have problems with it thanks for all the advice

If you are new at this, read the Mineral Help tab at the top of the forum page. It can be quite useful.