How do you match land description with producing mineral interests?

My convenience of mineral interests include multiple land descriptions in TX. I receive royalties from various companies for different leases. I do not have original lease information. Do I hire a Landman to help me get Platt maps to identify which land description applies to which lease?

Rookie mistake. I meant "My Conveyance..."

Bill,

You can start with the descriptions on the check stubs and match up what you can to your land descriptions.

Next you can match up the well names to Texas RR Commission well descriptions and completion reports. That is much harder to do but if you contact Clint Liles or others here they will help you depending on your computer intellect.

You can also go to the county records for the counties shown on your descriptions and look in the grantee grantor files for your ancestor's name. You may find the recorded leases there.

You may also contact the payers' land departments for copies of leases or pertinent documents in their files. (Good luck with that)

If you can find a Land company that works in your counties and has been in business for more than a few years minutes, they may contract with you and do some research on a time based fee.

Thanks for the ideas. I have been learning as I go how to drill down into the Texas Railroad commission website. I will continue that. I am to far away to go to the court house and research my chain of title, but would love to try some day. I may look for a land company operating in Refugio and Victoria counties. This is a steep learning curve but I am working on it like a pump jack.

Gary L. Hutchinson said:

Bill,

You can start with the descriptions on the check stubs and match up what you can to your land descriptions.

Next you can match up the well names to Texas RR Commission well descriptions and completion reports. That is much harder to do but if you contact Clint Liles or others here they will help you depending on your computer intellect.

You can also go to the county records for the counties shown on your descriptions and look in the grantee grantor files for your ancestor's name. You may find the recorded leases there.

You may also contact the payers' land departments for copies of leases or pertinent documents in their files. (Good luck with that)

If you can find a Land company that works in your counties and has been in business for more than a few years minutes, they may contract with you and do some research on a time based fee.

Good Luck,

Gary L Hutchinson

Minerals Management .

Victoria County is online 1964 to present.

http://www.countyrecords.com/crvictoria.html