How do I search how much oil a well is producing?

Thanks everyone for your help on some of my previous posts.

Another question: Can someone show me the site/how to use the web to check how much oil our well is producing. I tried to find the video on this site that shows you how to use the Texas RR commission website but couldn't find it.

I have the well number and the API. I tired doing it myself but didn't get anywhere on the RR commission site.

Any links to a/the direct site with some directions would be great appreciated!

Thanks!

Try this: You will have to dig out the well information from the W-1 reports first and you will have to play around with the placement of data since the RRC has different names for some of the data requirements. Plus all this depends on if the well has been in operation long enough to have the data submitted to the REC and get posted. Most of the time it takes at least three months and maybe four before the first data is posted.

Good Luck!

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/PR/publicQueriesMainAction.do

Great, thanks. It hasn't been four months yet so I may be too early. Thanks again.

The video is on the Home page, about 2/3rds of the way down.

Would anyone be able to help me find the well production information on the following, I don't have an RRC #.

Operator: Forest Oil Corp.

Lease Name: Kosub-Hewell

Well No.: 1H

Field Name: Eagleville (Eagle Ford-1)

Total Depth: 13,500 feet

Direction and Miles: 2.2 miles SE. of Nixon

Survey Name: J.J. Tejida, Section 26, A-448

Acres: 859.09

API No.: 42-177-33011

Thanks, Sean.

Sean:

I decided to play with this one and the information is there if you go to the RRC Query for production reports.

First the API # you have is incorrect. The number is 42-177-33022 not 33011. I didn't spend the extra time searching all the information out; but, it looks like there were two reports, probably the second one was to correct something in the first one.

If you will go to the RRC Query for production and put in the Status Number as the Identifier Number and the District code which is (1), then select it as a gas well, then go to query you should get all the production numbers. I tried to copy the report and send it to you; but, the RRC system won't let me do that or if it will I haven't figured out how to do it yet. The good news it that the reported information is there.

Good Luck

Sean:

Try this out.

http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/data/online/index.php

I tried to copy this link into the previous post; but, for some reason it didn't get added. Have no idea why. Also, for some reason the RRC tries to make their system hard to use unless it is used often. On one report they will require an API # and others it will require a Status #, both which are listed on the W-1 reports' but, on the Production Query report it requires an Identifier Number which is actually a Status number but, no where does it let you know that. Also, we rarely know how the well is really classified either. Sometimes Oil, sometimes gas and sometimes pending. You just have to try one of these to see if it is the acceptable one.

Open this up and go to the third box on the right hand side of the screen and open it up and give it a shot. You should be able to get your numbers.

Bigfoot said:

Sean:

I decided to play with this one and the information is there if you go to the RRC Query for production reports.

First the API # you have is incorrect. The number is 42-177-33022 not 33011. I didn't spend the extra time searching all the information out; but, it looks like there were two reports, probably the second one was to correct something in the first one.

If you will go to the RRC Query for production and put in the Status Number as the Identifier Number and the District code which is (1), then select it as a gas well, then go to query you should get all the production numbers. I tried to copy the report and send it to you; but, the RRC system won't let me do that or if it will I haven't figured out how to do it yet. The good news it that the reported information is there.

Good Luck

Thanks so much, i'll try. For some reason your response didn't shoot me an email like others, so I didn't know anyone had responded. Thanks Bigfoot, I'll take a look.

Bigfoot said:

Sean:

Try this out.

I tried to copy this link into the previous post; but, for some reason it didn't get added. Have no idea why. Also, for some reason the RRC tries to make their system hard to use unless it is used often. On one report they will require an API # and others it will require a Status #, both which are listed on the W-1 reports' but, on the Production Query report it requires an Identifier Number which is actually a Status number but, no where does it let you know that. Also, we rarely know how the well is really classified either. Sometimes Oil, sometimes gas and sometimes pending. You just have to try one of these to see if it is the acceptable one.

Open this up and go to the third box on the right hand side of the screen and open it up and give it a shot. You should be able to get your numbers.

Bigfoot said:

Sean:

Good Luck

Sean:

If you have a hard time with this, go to your homepage and approve me as a friend and I will do my best to help you without cluttering up the main blog.

Thanks

Sean Hensley said:

Thanks so much, i'll try. For some reason your response didn't shoot me an email like others, so I didn't know anyone had responded. Thanks Bigfoot, I'll take a look.

Bigfoot said:

Sean:

Try this out.

Bigfoot said:

Sean:

Good Luck