How do I know if I should sell my interest?

Hello,

I just received an insert, along with my interest check from Latigo Oil & Gas, offering to “purchase royalty and/or mineral interests, overriding royalty interests, or working interests of any owner in our existing operated well system”. Before I inquire what their offer would be, I’d like to know how to find out what a fair offer would be.

Thank you, DRP

A very very simple answer is 48 to 60 months of the average revenue payment you’ve received for the last three months. For example, if JUly revenue was $95.00, August was $105, and September was $100, then the average is $100.00. So the very general rule of thumb would be $4800 to $6000.00.

Now, if there were additional wells to be drilled or you were in a hot area of Oklahoma (mcclain or Garvin county), then the value would be greater.

There has been a little bit of increased activity in Beaver county lately. You can determine if there has been leasing near your section by going on okcountyrecords.com

Beaver County has little to no value.

Thank you for the formula. Very helpful.

Billionaire sounds like a bottom-fishing buyer! Lol. Just teasing, Billionaire.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.