How do I find proof of ownership of mineral rights?

My mother left me oil and gas royalties in 1993, I have slips for three different oil companies, I am aware they are still all working? I have only received a couple of payments in all this time, I have one division order that was made in 2002, but I still have not received any payments, I have tried to contact them but have not had any luck, I would like to sell the royalties but I dont have the documents to do so, is there anyway of finding the documents I need, and how can I find out if there are any other companies that have my details as I have only ever signed one since 1993.

Is there any lookup for Oklahoma, Im not even sure of what I own, I have asked to see how much they are worth but the websites I have asked have only gone on the last payment? is there any other way of finding out the information so I can aquire the right estimate.

Thankyou Ian

Mark:

First, I would never consider selling my mineral rights as they can prove to be extremely valuable over time. Second, you can obtain information about your minerals from the County Clerks office in the County where your minerals are located. In regards to the value of your minerals, there are posts on this forum that answer that question in detail. Again, I would never consider selling mineral rights unless you are in immediate need of cash.

Hi thankyou, at the moment im told there not producing much, I would like to know there worth as we do need the cash-flow right now, we live in Christchurch New Zealand and it has been hard finding information.

Ian

Ian,

Putting a value on minerals is not an easy task due to the many variables that exist. One way would be to average out the production over a current year and refer to the futures price of oil and gas over the next year utilize these figures to get a estimated value. Since you reside so far away from these minerals, it might be beneficial to hire an oil and gas landman in that area to do some research for you and possibly locate a buyer for your minerals or give you some valuable information as to the production potential for that area.
Ian Mark douglas said:

Hi thankyou, at the moment im told there not producing much, I would like to know there worth as we do need the cash-flow right now, we live in Christchurch New Zealand and it has been hard finding information.

Ian