How do I find Production on a new well?

1st sales 08-2022 Wells: Wraith Unit 12-16 1AH and Wraith Unit 12-16 2 AH in Borden and Howard Co - pooled wells or 8A in Texas - I have been unsuccessful in finding a site including Texas Railroad Commission that has this information. Operator is Surge Energy.

I appreciate any direction and education in how to find this information.

Per RRC website, Wraith A 12-16 A1H was spud 9/11/2021 (42-033-32551) and Wraith A 12-16 2AH (42-033-32568) was spud 3/23/2022. You can find volumes for July through October 2022 on RRC website - Online Research Queries - Production Reports Query under Pending category using the permit numbers - Wraith A1H is 871754 and Wraith 2AH is 875977.

1 Like

Good info there TD, I guess what I found was old info. :slight_smile: I deleted it. MK

Spud dates appear on the permit page as a new box which opens at the top. However, some companies do not notify RRC of the spud and the box never opens. And the spud might be with a small rig and there will be a delay until a larger rig is available to finish drilling. And then a longer delay until a frac is done. It can be a little hit or miss when checking the permit for updates and then looking for production volumes before a completion report is filed and an RRC lease number assigned.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for answering my question. As luck would have it * the RRC website is down for maintenance until 6 p.m. tonight. Do you happen to know what is considered a good well in Borden or Howard Co. Like how many barrels are pumped per day?

Thank you again for the good information. I look forward to seeing the #'s.

I am not finding the Pending Category - will continue to try - I get this far and can’t get any further - I will call RRC tomorrow if I can’t get this information soon.

RRC - Online Research Queries. (1) Select Production Reports Query Form (PR). It is below both of the Production Data queries - do not use these because you do not have an RRC lease #. (2) Top Box is Production by Lease. In the three categories, select Pending. If the well had an RRC lease #, then you would select Oil or Gas. Select 8A in the drop down arrow for District. In RRC Identifier box, enter the Permit Number. Add Date Range and use hit Lease Query button. Login

Tried to post the link on RRC but it does not work so ignore the Login above

Those wells made a combined 67,000 bo in Sept. So over 1000 bopd each. They are 3 miles long. For where they are located (on the far NE edge of the basin) I would consider them to be good wells.

Sept was likely the peak month. Will come screaming downhill over the next year.

You are the best !!! I located the information and did a happy dance. Really do appreciate your time and help.

Thank you, the entire process has been exciting to be a small part of. Just so grateful to have production.

God Bless.

Now that the Wells have paid the 1st 3 months, the way to find production has changed - can you help me find the location to find reported production, on the Texas Railroad Commission site. Looking for November production #'s on both wells Wraith Unit 12-16 A1H and Wrath Unit 12-16 2 AH in Borden Co. 8A. The Production by Lease - Pending doesn’t pull anything up anymore. I believe TennisDaze helped me last time I had this question. Thanks again in advance.

Completion report was filed for Wraith Unit A 12-16 1AH and RRC Lease number was assigned. Production can be found under oil lease 08-58105. The Wraith A2H is still being reported under pending by its permit number 875977 using District 8 because that completion report has not yet been filed.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.