How do I find production data for a live oak well?

Paloma- free unit-free#1H well-rafael Alcantra survey no 26,abstract no. 997, live Oak County,Texas

Thanks Hetman

I, too, would like to find production (etc.!) data for Live Oak County's Eagle Ford Shale wells. I'm told that a well just north of the Choke Canyon Lake is a really prolific one producing a lot of oil and other NGLs. All that I can find on-line, though, are overly simplified (and often way out-of-date) maps and descriptions such as that here below. Does accurate well data only come from the oil producers -- and only years after the time of actual production? Thanks for any clues that any of you can offer from your own personal experiences.... Andy

Live Oak County, TX and the Eagle Ford Shale Play

March 2nd 2012

Live Oak County Eagle Ford Shale Map

Live Oak County, TX

Live Oak County, in South Texas, makes up part of the Eagle Ford Shale Play.

Northern Live Oak County is prospective for the wet gas or gas condensate window of the the Eagle Ford Shale. The northwest portion of the county is the focus of oil activity. Well economics are supported by production that inlcudes higher valued condensate and NGLs. Much of the county is conducive to drilling for dry gas drilling, which activity will likely increase as natural gas prices warrant.

According to Mr B. Cotten, he was nice enough to look up the info for me - this well is shown as permitted only with no other info. He also said the data on TX RR comission is sometimes over 6months out of date.

Probably , most companys like it that way!!!!!!!

Division orders were sent out a month ago on this well & its suppose to pay on 3/25. I guess I will find out @ that time because no one will release any info.

Het

Well Just rx check for this well it hit 3 ways : condensate/ngl's/gas paid out for the first 3 months $18K for .0048% NPRI WooHoo / suppose to be a multi well site by end of year

Het

Here is a description of how to look up well data on the TxRRC website that I wrote for the Goilad co group a few months ago. It will also work to look up production data that has been reported to the TxRRC. if you want better historical records those can be found at the log libraries, but you have to have a membership to work at them. and they wouldnt have what you want as far as up to the minute reports.

If you want to know what you might have under some land in Goliad county a good place to look is the railroad commission website. look and see what wells nearby were drilled to and what they produced over time. To do that go to the TxRRC website and find the page that leads to "online research queries" go to the Public GIS viewer for oil & gas ect and launch the app. this will open a page with a map of Texas showing the commission districts ect. pick the "identify wells" from the map tools and scroll down counties to goliad , which happens to be # 175 the map will zoom to your county and you can zoom to where ever you wish to look up some wells. There are various things like the names of the quad maps, county lines ect. when you zoom in enough the wells will have their api identifier # visible and the original survey tracts will also be visible. the wells have different colors and symbols depending on whether they are oil wells gas wells, plugged, ect. find the wells near your land, be on the lookout for wells that are in a line, they are following a trend. that might tell you more than wells to the east or west or your tract. Now pick a well and click on it. a window that says GIS wellbore attributes pops up and there is a link to records for permits ect. click on the link operator/well bore/pdq that will take you to another window that says operator well bore and has the api # of the well you are looking up there is various information about the well and operator ect here but go to the links at the bottom, here you can look up production records, or go to imaged records for the lease. go to the lease records. this takes you to a window at "neubus" and there will be links that say "potential" or "oversized" potentials will list all of the api#s for all of the wells on the lease and are grouped by years. the oversized are big scans of either lease plat location maps, or well logs ( these are very rarely found here) when you hit the link for a potential record you will get a pdf downloaded. when you open this you will find a treasure trove of good information, buried in a giant mass of permit documents and correspondence from years ago.

now that you are looking at a pdf of drilling and completion records, among other things find the completion report. besides telling you the operator, lease name and well # there will be a report of initial production. it will list the depth to pay , which is going to be different from the total depth. the initial producing rate of how many barrels of oil, mcf or gas and bbls of water will be listed. pay close attention to the perforated intervals listed right below, these are the oil producing zones that were hit in this particular well. if you are lucky below that the depth to various geologic formations encountered drilling the well will be listed. if you root around for awhile you can get a good idea what sort of potential you might have on you tract. good luck with it.

1 Like