How do I find out if I have the mineral rights

I called title companies and attorneys no one seems like they do that. Any suggestions thanks

You would need to contact a Landman. They can research the mineral rights for a fee.

Do you have a number for one thanks

R R said:

You would need to contact a Landman. They can research the mineral rights for a fee.

I would check the Texas GLO GIS map site first to see if the State owns the minerals there. Culberson has a lot of state mineral lands. If they do, you may still have the right to negotiate a lease and share 1/2 of the bonus and royalty if it is Relinquishment Act land. The GLO map colors the acreage that the State has mineral or royalty rights on by type of ownership and also shows if there is a state lease on it.

http://www.glo.texas.gov/GLO/agency-administration/gis/index.html

On the title run. A landman would charge $200 to $400 per day and a good title search would take several days. If there is an abstract company in Culberson, you could try going there and getting a list of deeds on your property and then looking for mineral reservations in the deeds. While you may not be qualified to determine % of ownership, at least you would know if there was a mineral reservation. You would have to pay a fee per hour. You could also ask the Clerk's office to help you do the simple deed search or ask if they know a local oil and gas landman.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jesse,

Here is the contact information for a Landman. He charges $500 per day.

Kelly S. Smith
Petroleum Landman
Apex Onshore Energy Services

apexonshore1@gmail.com
432-664-9116

Best wishes.

thanks

R R said:

Hi Jesse,

Here is the contact information for a Landman. He charges $500 per day.

Kelly S. Smith
Petroleum Landman
Apex Onshore Energy Services

apexonshore1@gmail.com
432-664-9116

Best wishes.