How do I find out if drilling will occur

I own mineral rights in Eddy County, Sec 17, and I’m wondering if there’s a way to find out when, or if, drilling will occur?

Lisa,

Do you have a Township and Range to go with the Sec number? That would help with feedback.

SEC17, T22S, R27E, thank you!

That appears to be inside the City of Carlsbad. There is certainly some drilling nearby, but drilling near or under cities can be problematic because the minerals are broken up into hundreds or even thousands of town lots. Putting together enough of a lease position to warrant drilling requires a tremendous amount of effort. There are usually much easier places to drill. However, it has been done successfully elsewhere. Have you been leased?

There are two active gas wells in Sec 17- 1 in the North of the section (Saik #1 from 1996) and one in the South (Kodiak 2 from 2005).

In addition, Mewbourne has three permitted horizontal well sites they are working in the southern part of the section. The well sites appear to be on the section boundary of 16 & 17 with the horizontals crossing through 17 and ending on the far side of 18. The permits were approved 5/19 but no production is listed yet.

-1 OCD Permitting - Well Details

-2 OCD Permitting - Well Details

-3 OCD Permitting - Well Details

If you own interest in the southern 1/2 of the section then you should reach out to Mewbourne about the status of the new wells.as well as the producing gas well (also Mewbourne). If your interest is in the northern 1/2 then nothing current other than the old 1996 gas well which is currently operated by Wildcat Energy

There is a lot of horizontal drilling going on down south of town so there may be additional activity in future as well.

Hope this helps!

Yes, got leased last year.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that information!!