How do I find leasing broker

In 2014,I received offer to. Lease N/2SE/4 of Section 7Block W, T&P RR Company Survey, Coke County, Texas. While. I dealt with cancer, the lease broker died in Jan 2016 and his business closed. How do I find the current lease broker or any unclaimed lease payment?

Hi, Stephen!

Glad to hear you are still with us. Keep up the good fight!

Unfortunately, the does not appear to be any producing wells within 3 - 5 miles of your lands and all but a few of the leases taken from beginning in 2012 appear to have expired.

Looks like the companies are all busy further West.

Hope this helps -

Charles Emery Tooke III

Certified Professional Landman

Fort Worth, Texas

Charles, Thank you for the information. Since there was a firm non-negotiable lease, would the money be transferred to the state and held as unclaimed money? Where would unclaimed Mineral Rights money be held in Texas? Thanks, Stephen

If you signed the lease and returned it but never got paid the signing Bonus, you may be able to demand it from the company. Do you have a copy of it?

Unclaimed Properties, including Bonus Payment, Royalties, and just about everything else you can think of are all held by the Unclaimed Properties Department of the Texas State Comptroller of Public Accounts' Office. The have a website you can use to research what they have under your name:

https://claimittexas.org/

Companies are required to turn over unclaimed or unpaid moneys to the State after 7 years. If your lease was from 2014, any money due you would not have been turned over to them yet.

Most Lease offers come with a limitation regarding how long you have to accept the offer. Ten to thirty days or something like that. Have you checked the cover letter they should have sent with the lease? You might have not accepted the lease in time and the offer to pay you expired.

Attached are Lease Detail Sheets on the only two recent leases effecting Section 7. They are both from 2012 and appear to have expired.

No leases under your name appear in DrillingInfo's records.

33-SPRAGUE2012LEASEDETAILS.pdf (74.9 KB) 34-SHELVINGROCK2012LEASEDETAIL.pdf (93.4 KB)