How do I determine if other operators are producing on a section and if there are any royalties in suspense?

Apologies if this is not the correct place to ask or if this has been answered before. I’m somewhat new to all of this.

I signed a lease with EOG a few years ago on mineral holdings that I didn’t know existed (long lost family member, etc…). EOG tracked me down through public records and the Landman I dealt with at the time told me there was another producer who drilled on these sections back in the ’90s. He suggested that I probably have royalties in suspension. At the time I had no idea what he was talking about (still don’t fully understand). It was all new to me and I didn’t even know I had any holdings until he contacted me.

I did end up signing with him and it’s worked out. But since then EOG has been very busy in this location (BLOCK 76 SEC 25, 26) and I believe that other operators have produced on these sections in the past or are currently operating. How do I determine if there are other wells or operators in these sections? Who those operators may be? And how do I determine if I have royalties in Suspension or how to track them down?

Again, I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere. These are probably common questions. This is still new to me and I’m finding it fascinating (this forum has been invaluable to my education). I don’t have a large holding here. This is more fun than lucrative. But my curiosity needs satisfaction. If someone could point me in the right direction (or explain to me like I’m 5 years old) it would be so greatly and sincerely appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Doren, Welcome to the forum. I am not finding Sections 25 and 26 in Block 76. Could you mean Block 75? Or maybe list a couple well names.

Dorian, I am interest owner in this block in those sections. I don’t get on here much but I do see notifications if you message me. So if you PM I’d be glad to explain the wells on this section. Wrangler units and Rustler Units have been drilled out. Flowing good. You should have been paid on the two sections. I’d be more than welcome to share any info of those sections of block 76.

I’m afraid there is no PM system on the site. Simply configure your settings to Watch this Topic in order to keep up with it.

Thanks for your reply. It is Loving CO, Block 76 Sec 25, 26.

EOG provided me a copy of the original deed signed buy my long lost, Great Great Aunt that I never met… literally “pennies from heaven.” Life sure is amazing sometimes!

Thank you Dan. Apparently there is not a PM system on this forum. I assume the forum admin wants to keep topic discussions public… fair enough. makes sense.

I do appreciate any help you could provide. EOG seems to move paperwork slowly. But they do follow through and provide detailed accounting (oh boy do they). So far I received one lump sum royalty for “Rustler D Unit” that goes back to 8/18 (with about 400 pages of fine print accounting). And I’ve recently been asked to confirm my payment information on several other Units that I expect they will get around to paying out sometime in 2022 (I keep my expectations low)… it seems the Units are all accounted separately (?). Other than asking for my info and signature over and over again, they don’t communicate about their intentions or plans. Though I have read on this forum that there is a lot of current and future activity planned in those sections and neighboring ones.

In any case, as I mentioned, the EOG Landman told me there was older Unit built on Sec 26 operated by someone else. And If I recall he said the operator was “Diamondback.” I don’t know if that is accurate. But he did suggest it would be worth investigating suspended royalties.

I guess my questions come back to; how do I find out about the units that are on those sections? (past, present and future). How would I find who the operators are (other than EOG) and who would I inquire with about potential royalties in suspension? I’m not shy or lazy. I just really don’t know where to look. I know that’s a lot of questions to ask… learning about this has been a lot of fun. But the terminology still confuses me a bit.

I really do appreciate any advice/info you might provide.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.