How do I ask tx rr com about the lease

I originally thought that the landman would keep me informed concerning the status of the lease and he has now told me that I need to contact the tx rr commission to find out the status.

I hate to be stupid but how do I do that with relation to this specific property?

Send an email…they have always been very good and helpful answering my questions.

webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/footer/IO_Contacts.html

1 Like

Use the RRC GIS viewer (on-line map) and apply your legal description to locate your minerals. You can zoom out,to see the area and wells which have been permitted or drilled. If you leased to an operator, use Permits under on-line research to find permits filed by your operator in the county. Look at the deed records to see if your lease has been assigned. This will definitely have happened if you leased to an individual landman or Lessing company. It will take some time to familiarize yourself with the RRC website, but it has a wealth of information. The landman represented the lessor and has moved on to other projects. He does not have time or financial incentive to keep all the mineral owners informed about the activities for their minerals. This is a normal situation.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.