How can you find out if someone is drilling on your royalty property

Just found out I have a royalty property in Ellis County how can I determine if someone is operating on my royalty property

If you will post the section, township and range, I can tell you.

Thank you that would be a big help Section nine township twenty four north range twenty six west Ellis County

No one is currently drilling. You can look up the old wells on the OCC well records site. Type 0924N26W into the legal location box. http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

Thank you very much for the info I will check the records

You may want to file an affidavit with your name so that companies can more easily find you.

M Barnes I hope you have been well. Do you have any information on drilling activity in Ellis S25 20N 25W? Offers? Also if an area is Pooled does the pooling order include any language in regards to Special Warranty or No deduction clause?

t this time Presidio Petroleum has the Hunter 1 gas well which is still on production. There are no new OCC cases on that section, but there are quite a few in the western half of the township. Most of my leases that have been pooled have been for no deductions, but it would vary by operator.

Thanks for the info. Do have any idea of what the offers are? Also any insight about warrant of title in pooling orders?

I do not put a warrant of title in any lease. So far, I have not seen any mention of warrant of title in any pooling, but others may have. No idea of any offers at this time.

Thanks for the help. We got an offer today and I am doing some homework. To clarify you do not warrant that you have have the title to the property.

I cannot give legal advice as I am a geologist. Best to talk with an attorney regarding any lease or sales agreements.

I understand. I am not looking for legal advice just clarification on the following statement.

“I do not put a warrant of title in any lease.”

Ah, I misread your question. No, I personally do not warrant the title on any of my leases. (upon advice of my attorney). If you are new to leasing, the Mineral Help tab above is helpful.

0_Royalty-Owners-Booklet-112020.pdf (6.8 MB)

Most leasing agents send out a draft lease which is mostly in the favor of the operator. It is worth the investment to get a good oil and gas attorney look at the draft and make the appropriate changes to make it more fair to the mineral owner and also fair to the operator.